What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Is the 4th season of CYE the greatest single season of a sitcom ever? There's no weak episodes and The Producers narrative running through it is my favourite of all the other seasons with a great pay off, although I'm a couple off being upto date.

• Paid Members

Is the 4th season of CYE the greatest single season of a sitcom ever? There's no weak episodes and The Producers narrative running through it is my favourite of all the other seasons with a great pay off, although I'm a couple off being upto date.

The Seinfeld reunion season is probably my favourite in terms of CYE season long arcs but season 4 probably has a higher number of classic episodes.

But the best season of a single sitcom would be Seinfeld season 7.

• Paid Members

The Seinfeld reunion was the one series of Curb I didn't like, I'm a Seinfeld fan and everything, I just thought it was weak, it was back on form for the next series though.

I watched season 4 of Children's Hospital last night, it's hilarious, some of the little throwaway gags kill me. The UK episode was terrible though. Henry Winkler is great in stuff like this, most of the rest of the ensemble are great too (although I do hate Chief)

• Paid Members

I love the Seinfeld reunion season just because I thought it was cool seeing the cast back together and of course there's the Danny Dubetstein episode which is brilliant, Leon is an incredible addition to the show.

Would probably have to agree that season four is the strongest though, The Car Pool Lane and The Survivor are two of the funniest episodes of TV ever written.

• Paid Members

Watched the Wet Hot American Summer film/Netflix series over the last few days. The film is funny but you can see why it's a cult film.

The series is hilarious and much improved by seeing the film first.

I bought the film from Poundland years ago and I remember not liking it much. I find David Wain very hit and miss, sometimes he goes too David Wainy, like a comedy Wes Anderson. I tried watching his romcom parody starring Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd the other day and made it through about fifteen minutes. I want to watch the Wet Hot American Summer series though, so I'll have to give the film another go.

• Paid Members

Caught up on the first 3 episodes of the 2nd series of ‘People Just Do Nothing’ on IPlayer. Sitcom following Brentford’s #1 pirate radio station & it’s stars MC Grindah & DJ Beats. Really well observed & the jokes hit far more than they miss. Definitely worth grabbing the first series if you can find it.