What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Definitely give it a watch, Butcher. I'm disgusted I never watched it sooner.

It's just incredibly funny and gritty and twisty and turny...and all sorts of things great like that.

I watched four episodes last night and I'm debating whether or not to binge again tonight, or space it out over one episode a night so it lasts longer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I’m watching Hunted.
I don’t care how preposterous, contrived or convoluted the plot is, it’s fucking cracking entertainment.

Decent acting (except for Patrick Malahide) and action all around and Doc Brown plays a rather convincing soulless blud, innit, and he’s very good at it too.

Plus, I wasn’t expecting to see Melissa George turn into Jason Bourne, and I certainly wasn’t expecting to see her wobblers.

Really enjoying Humans on Channel 4. I too would install the 18+ features on Anita. The scenes with William Hurt and Rebecca Front are fantastic.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I mean I'm definitely invested enough to make it to the end of the series, but its pacing feels really off sometimes. Mostly good writing, but the family members are so cliched and hackneyed. Saying that I think the daughter Is great, and I was genuinely sad when George set Odi free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

My housemate and I watched the entire second series of Bojack Horseman in one sitting yesterday. It's brilliant and really unique in a way that's not trying too hard.The first handful of episodes had me in stitches (the chicken episode is a bit weird though).

Another thing I'll say for it is even though it's relatively simply drawn, the character design is fantastic, the animals all look amazing and the variety of species is crazy this season. The humans look cool too and have a lot of character.

• Paid Members

I finished season 1 of Toast Of London this morning. It's not anything groundbreaking but I think Matt Berry is one of those guys who makes everything funny. Him singing "Ghost Town" in a weird folky Russian style in a pub to woo a lady is one of the funniest things I've seen in years.