What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I'm so tempted to start downloading season 3 of Dexter. Upto Episode 3 is available. Season Two was stonking Lila was such a messed up character.

I agree, and I thought Jamie Murray played her really well, even though I’d seen some negative opinions about her from a few people. For me Doakes was the best character in season 2. The scenes with him and Dexter were fantastic. Edited by smp

I saw the Fry in America thing and, while I enjoyed it I can't help but feel they've hacked a 26-part series down to three or four episodes. He seemed to whizz through half-a-dozen states in an hour and it all felt a bit rushed and perfunctory.

While I agree there were times when it felt really rushed, at the other end of the spectrum it's debateable whether there's really that much that is either culturally interesting or, perhaps more importantly, recognisible to the average viewer about each one. Most of the New England states are incredibly small and don't really carry the same romanticism that you have with the Deep South, Mid-west or West Coast regions thus by condensing them into little snippits it stops the show dragging too much. It's a difficult balancing act trying to feature enough without it starting to drag, although to be honest I think three or four is a bit short. A six or seven would have been my personal preference but i'm still really looking forward to the next one.I'm currently also enjoying the other series about America that's airing in Fridays. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but I enjoyed last weeks on water and the mid-west. It compliments the more light hearted Fry series perfectly for me. Takes me back to my uni course. Memories...Pretty much the only other new thing I watch regularly is Buzzcocks. I didn't think Mark Ronson was as bad as everyone claims he was. Granted he wasn't as good as Stephen Fry the new week but then his team didn't exactly help him in that department.

I'm so tempted to start downloading season 3 of Dexter. Upto Episode 3 is available. Season Two was stonking Lila was such a messed up character.

I agree, and I thought Jamie Murray played her really well, even though I
Edited by DJ Stevie C

TV shows am watching at the mo are:Prison Break: (s4) I still quite enjoy it, still quite early into the season i guess.Sarah Connor Chronicles: (s2) Enjoyable season so far. Heroes: (s3) Much better than season two, and alot more darker, still quite predictable in some parts tho, but when its good, its really good.One Tree Hill: (s6) Dunno why i enjoy this programme as much as i do ? getting a bit to comedic tho.Fringe: (s1) Loved the pilot and have been following it ever since.The Shield: (s7) Final season of this great show, seems to be going out on a highSupernatural: (s4) Quite early in, been good so farSmallville: (s8) see above /\ might be time to end it after this season thoStargate Atlantis: (s5) Final season of this also, perhaps the weakest season yet IMOSanctuary: (s1) Was originally watching this for Amanda Tapping, turns out it aint all THAT bad.

I agree, and I thought Jamie Murray played her really well, even though I

• Paid Members

I only finished Dexter season 2 a couple of days ago and thought it was fucking brilliant. Season 1 was good but had some terrible filler (and Dex's sister was really bad in it too) but in season 2 every seemed a step up with all the side plots linking up to the main plot and Dex's sister actually being a good actress and adding to the show rather than taking away from it, it had a real "what the fuck is going to happen next week?" cliffhangers that season 1 didn't really have and the final scenes with Dexter and Doakes were fucking brilliant. I don't know where season 3 can go from this but hopefully it keeps up the quality.

I'm baffled how anyone can continue watching Smallville. It was never amazing to start with, but I gave up after the "video game" season. "Now travel to this place and collect this item..."

Also watching re-runs of Wonder Years on Sky+, reliving Sundays has never been so good.

Excellent choice sir, I've been catching the odd one or two of these on ITV 3. This was an excellent, well written, feel good show, it's got a good range of emotion with comedy and drama.