What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I've heard lots of good things about Twin Peaks (on here I think?) but can anybody tell me what its about and whether the new ones can be watched without seeing the old ones?

Probably not, I'd watch the old ones. It would be really hard to make sense of absolutely anything.

I watched the first series of White Gold on the iPlayer last night. White Gold is created by one half of the lads who created The Inbetweeners, and features the actors who played Jay and Simon on that very show.Ā 

It's kind of like a more grown up version of The Inbetweeners, but based on Double Glazing Salesmen in the 1980's.Ā 

The main protagonist (if you can call him that) is played by Ed Westwick, who plays the confidence billy big bollocks smug prick to a tee! He is to White Gold as Will was to The Inbetweeners what with the voiceovers and all, except he breaks the forth wall constantly. Joe Thomas pretty much is Simon from The Inbetweeners but with a 90's curtains hair cut, and James Buckley is like a less cruder Jay, but still creepy and sleazy as fuck. And his has a mustache.Ā 

Robert Lindsay puts in a blinding performance as Walshy, who is the owner of the double glazing company who seems like he doesn't give a fuck.Ā 

Go check it out if you were a fan of Inbetweeners before the terrible third series where they just overdid it. It's on iPlayer, or on BBC Two on a weekly basis every Wednesday at 10pm.

• Paid Members

I'm conflicted on Master of None. I've seen the first series now andĀ some of it's great, well observed and funny, but some of it is utterly infuriating in it's self satisfied shitness. The episode where they go to Nashville was almost unbearable. I stuck with it though, and Ā Also, it pains me to say itĀ because i'm a big Tim and Eric fan, but Eric Eric Wareheim (Arnold) is a really bad actor.Ā 

• Paid Members

The new Series of Count Arthur Strong is going pretty well. This week's Godfather parody wasn't quite as funnyĀ as last week's Exorcist parody, but they're still very good.

• Paid Members

Does anyone except me watch The Leftovers? Season 3 (like season 2) has been absolutely mind blowing. The final episode is Sunday and I genuinely have no idea what is going to happen. If they nail the ending it'll go down as one of my favorite TV shows ever. Like nothing else. Damon Lindelof has redeemed himself.

It makes me dream of a universe where Lost was a 10-12 episode HBO series instead of a huge sprawling network TV mess. It would have been spectacular.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Right then, I'm just about finishing up The People vs OJ.Ā 

I need some recommendations, I've gone through a lot of stuff mentioned in this here thread, but need something new.

• Paid Members

I watched the Handmaid's Tale. It's brilliantly done, and utterly bleak and uncomfortable, as it needs to be. So much so, though, that I can't see myself watching another episode.