What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

The Lister curse strikes again. Natural Born Sellers has been moved out of prime time. Officially it's because of poor ratings, though I suspect it may be specifically down to a lack of advertisers (last week's episode had one break with only one ad). I guess that makes sense as watching the show hardly leaves in the mood to listen to sales pitches.

The Lister curse strikes again. Natural Born Sellers has been moved out of prime time. Officially it's because of poor ratings, though I suspect it may be specifically down to a lack of advertisers (last week's episode had one break with only one ad). I guess that makes sense as watching the show hardly leaves in the mood to listen to sales pitches.

It may be out of primetime but what a show it was last week. Scott being the cockiest man alive and crashing back to earth with a bang. As well as that dark haired bint (really can't remember her name) seemingly wanting to whore her way to the top. SImply great stuff from start to finish.

• Paid Members

Is anyone watching True Blood? I'm planning on getting through a fair few in a marathon or two, so I haven't seen any yet.Paquin got 'em out.

Just about to watch last night's one, it's good, maybe too many boobies for you though :(

Some mad stuff last night on telly that could inspire an episode of the Mighty Boosh - Bruce Parry made up ultimate warrior style, then over on Channel 5 with Paul Merton in India we were treated to the Eunichs! Men with no balls or born with both willys and fannys apparently :p Hilarious scenes as they harrassed shop workers for money or they'd curse them or strip off naked lolLast Man Standing on bb3 tonight at 9pm followed by Dawn Porter on Channel 4 at 10pm.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• 1 month later...

At last managed to find the thread, surely I should be able to find a topic I started easier than that!

Anyway since I've bumped it what are you watching on telly?

For me it's still Last Man Standing (Tuesdays) and Heroes (Wednesdays) plus been watching the Ascent of Money which is on Channel at 8pm on a Monday.

There seems to be a lack of comedies at the moment so good thing I bought Mighty Boosh series 3 for the wife's b'day ;)

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

There's a great show on Childrens BBC (actually a lot of the shows they do are really well-made these days) called Election. It's the same format as the Apprentice, but for politics and with children as contestants. What makes it work so well is that it's done exactly as if they were adults, with absolutely no patronisation. Jonathan Dimbleby is judge and watching him tell kids they've fucked up - and kids answering back - is awesome.

There's only two episodes left on TV, but the whole series is on iPlayer.

It may be out of primetime but what a show it was last week. Scott being the cockiest man alive and crashing back to earth with a bang. As well as that dark haired bint (really can't remember her name) seemingly wanting to whore her way to the top. SImply great stuff from start to finish.

Just thought id quickly reply to this as i actually used to work for Scott English for 118Trades. I can actually confirm that he is indeed that much of a cocky character but at the same time i felt he made Natural Born Sellers what it was. As soon as he left, my interest in the show quickly went sour. Who actually won in the end?

Anyway the show I am watching is Kenny Vs Spenny on youtube. It's juvenile and has a very simple concept each episode such as "who can keep a dump in their pants the longest?" and will focus around the two different characters dealing with each situation.

Like I said it's extremely juvenile and very much in the Jackass/Dirty Sanchez/ Viva La Bam mould. However the difference is that everything is done for a reason as the loser faces some bizare kind of humiliation at the end of each episode. The laughs mostly happen when the "straight man" Spenny, is throwing his toys out of the pram due to Kenny's underhanded tactics.

Some of Kenny's swerves to win the competition are utterly brilliant too!

Key Episodes for me are:

Who is the better pro wrestler? Featuring Tyson Dux and Iron Sheik.

Who can hold a dump in their pants the longest?

Who can bone more women?

Who can piss off the most people?

Who can imitate the other guy better?

Who can blow the biggest fart?

If it sounds like your kind of thing, then give it a go and im sure you'll enjoy. On a related note, Im 100% sure their was a UK version of this on late night Sky 1 a few years back but i can find no evidence of it existing. Does anybody else happen to remember at all?

Edited by Romford_Hoop

• Paid Members

Just thought id quickly reply to this as i actually used to work for Scott English for 118Trades. I can actually confirm that he is indeed that much of a cocky character but at the same time i felt he made Natural Born Sellers what it was. As soon as he left, my interest in the show quickly went sour. Who actually won in the end?

Rather brilliantly it was Gavin. He came in the bottom two every week but survived, either because people liked him and wanted to keep him, or in later weeks because they knew he was less of a threat to win. He then pulled off the win in the final (which was selling shares in a racehorse for charity) by practically begging and wound up selling sponsorship on a terminally ill child's wheelchair.