What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

16 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I missed the mentions of it earlier in the thread, but I watched all of Dave over a few days this week. Completely took me by surprise how good it was. It’s rare that a show finds itself so quickly. I found it pretty hilarious, and very touching. Absolutely loved it.

An upvote for that.

16 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Never heard of Lil Dicky before this, but I’d buy a ticket to go see him if concerts ever come back.

A downvote for this.

No, but seriously, I too was surprised by it, and was really moved by the GaTa episode. Pretty certain there will be a series 2.

Edit: Just finished the first series of Broad City and have really enjoyed it, Hannibal Buress in particularly.

The two leads are incredibly likeable as well, and I hope the show doesn't dip in quality. Really makes me want to smoke weed though. 

Edited by SuperBacon
shit laptop buttons.
  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RKOs out of nowhere!

If you're stuck at home and want stuff to watch, then this YouTube channel is what you need! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZak5g_yXOpY6b_ekkKE-sg/playlists Noel's House Party This I

Yeah, agreed. Should be a talking mouse and a talking duck instead.

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Also, I much prefer the What We Do in the Shadows TV show to the movie. It takes me ages to finish an episode because I keep rewinding and rewatching scenes, and particularly Matt Berry’s delivery of some lines.

Less Taika Waititi sure helps.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

and particularly Matt Berry’s delivery of some lines.

Matt Berry's delivery and pronunciation is the best in the business. I'd happily listen to him all day. Imagine him doing the classified results?

I have been watching Toast of London lately, which I started a few years ago and never continued with. He's great in it and the voiceover session scenes are brilliant. 

• Paid Members
On 5/20/2020 at 11:17 PM, gmoney said:

It makes my skin crawl to read that someone in their early teens enjoyed The Upper Hand.

Honor Blackman was in it.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

Matt Berry's delivery and pronunciation is the best in the business. I'd happily listen to him all day. Imagine him doing the classified results?

I have been watching Toast of London lately, which I started a few years ago and never continued with. He's great in it and the voiceover session scenes are brilliant. 

Have you listened to any of his albums?  Television Themes was a big hit at Chez JB.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Have you listened to any of his albums?  Television Themes was a big hit at Chez JB.

I love the first Duckworth Lewis Method album, but can't say I've heard any of Matt Berry's stuff outside that. He's a man of many talents. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
  • Paid Members

Finished the first series of Fringe and.... I like it. It certainly improves as it goes on and, although I'm still quite sure it might be shit, there's something there. The characters are probably key to it, really, rather than the ideas. Think I'll stick with it.

14 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Finished the first series of Fringe and.... I like it. It certainly improves as it goes on and, although I'm still quite sure it might be shit, there's something there. The characters are probably key to it, really, rather than the ideas. Think I'll stick with it.

Fringe is awesome and gets steadily better and better apart from the last season, which is a mess.

I've been rewatching I, Claudius this week. Fantastic series, amazing performances. George Baker as Tiberius stuck out to me this time. It's not as fun a role as Sian Lloyd and Brian Blessed have as Livia and Augustus (who are both incredible) but he's so deft, barely contained rage, weakness and self loathing. I felt sorry for him early on, but he evolves into a monster. 

Anyway, it reminded me of this from Sesame Street. Probably peak TV. 

3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

's not as fun a role as Sian Lloyd and Brian Blessed

Spoiler Alert.  His death scene is one of the best deaths in acting. The light just slowly drains from his eyes. 

Aye, it's amazing. He's performance is fucking massive as you'd expect from him, but he does subtle brilliantly too. One of the best scenes is him whistling while pruning a plant. 

Edit: And when I say Sian Lloyd, I of course mean Sian Phillips. Fucks sake. 

Edited by gmoney

I've been watching The Great, a new period comedy/drama set about Catherine The Great from one of the writers of The Favourite. It's pretty good stuff, suitably grim when it needs to be and Elle Fanning is excellent and rather lovely in the lead role. A huge recommendation so far.

58 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I've been watching The Great, a new period comedy/drama set about Catherine The Great from one of the writers of The Favourite. It's pretty good stuff, suitably grim when it needs to be and Elle Fanning is excellent and rather lovely in the lead role. A huge recommendation so far.

I think she's bloody excellent in everything I've seen her in, so will definitely be watching this.

She was superb in a great little film called Teen Spirit from a few years back if you haven't seen it. Get's a bit cheesy, but she's so good in it.

• neil locked this topic