Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dynamite Duane

What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I thought it took a big dip after the first series. Not sure if I even finished the second. Be interested to see how you get on with it...

Everyone says that about every bloody TV series on here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not true! For some shows you get told the first series or two is rubbish and then it really gets going if you stick with it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 2:57 PM, SuperBacon said:

Found a show on the iPlayer last night called Dave which follows an aspiring rapper called, funnily enough Dave or Lil Dicky as he tries to make it in the hip hop world.

It's good. From FXX, so it's similar in style to Louie and Better Things and the shows from there, so whilst there's never going to be full of belly laughs, it is funny. The episode where he has to "perform" at a dead childs wake and the rap he makes up about him had me in fits.

Apparently the creator Dave Burd/Lil Dicky is a fairly known rapper/comedian ( @Chest Rockwell @Dead Mike @wandshogun09you aware of him?), but I'd never heard of him, and he can rap. 

Plus his missus (Taylor Misiak) is ridiculously fit in this.

Twenty minute episodes as well. Big fan of that.

 

Lil Dicky is about as hated as you can get in the Hip Hop world. Everyone considers him a joke. His two big hits are, as mentioned a god awful and offensive song with Chris Brown. Where Chris Brown laughs about his "controversial past". He managed to top that with an even more vapid Save The Earth song with loads of celebs. The only entertaining thing about him tbh are the Todd In the Shadows Youtube videos tearing him to pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I thought it took a big dip after the first series. Not sure if I even finished the second. Be interested to see how you get on with it...

Same with me. First season was brilliant. I can’t remember a thing about the second and couldn’t even be bothered to get to the end. Such a disappointment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m half way through season 2 of Dead to Me and I’m enjoying it as much as the first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

 

Lil Dicky is about as hated as you can get in the Hip Hop world. Everyone considers him a joke. His two big hits are, as mentioned a god awful and offensive song with Chris Brown. Where Chris Brown laughs about his "controversial past". He managed to top that with an even more vapid Save The Earth song with loads of celebs. The only entertaining thing about him tbh are the Todd In the Shadows Youtube videos tearing him to pieces.

Nope. The most entertaining thing about him is his excellent sitcom I've just finished. The sex episode and the celebrities one were particular highlights. It's no Atlanta but GaTa is a good Darius impersonater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 12:24 PM, Perry said:

For those interested, Charlie Brooker's Antiviral Wipe is on Thursday 14th May at 9pm. It's only a 30 minute show, but it's good to have Charlie back on the BBC

Was 45 minutes in the end but a good laugh as expected. WrestleMania even got a mention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

 

Lil Dicky is about as hated as you can get in the Hip Hop world. Everyone considers him a joke. His two big hits are, as mentioned a god awful and offensive song with Chris Brown. Where Chris Brown laughs about his "controversial past". He managed to top that with an even more vapid Save The Earth song with loads of celebs. The only entertaining thing about him tbh are the Todd In the Shadows Youtube videos tearing him to pieces.

I'll be really honest, I knew nothing about him and don't particularly care for his actual songs.

 

27 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Nope. The most entertaining thing about him is his excellent sitcom I've just finished. The sex episode and the celebrities one were particular highlights. It's no Atlanta but GaTa is a good Darius impersonater.

Think that's slightly harsh. He was fantastic and an excellent representation of a bipolar character as well. Thought the final episode was just superb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh he always seemed more like a comedian than a musician but his songs were never very funny though, so the good reviews of his show are abit of a surprise. He always just came across like an untalented rich bloke with crazy connections in the music industry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Think that's slightly harsh. He was fantastic and an excellent representation of a bipolar character as well. Thought the final episode was just superb.

It was a compliment and yeah, the bit when he tells the group of his bipolar and they react had me and my girlfriend doing a simultaneous 'awww'.

The show definitely moves up a couple of notches as it progresses, really finds it's heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

It was a compliment and yeah, the bit when he tells the group of his bipolar and they react had me and my girlfriend doing a simultaneous 'awww'.

The show definitely moves up a couple of notches as it progresses, really finds it's heart.

Had a look on his Twitter, and he does actually suffer from bipolar, so even more power to him.

Dave's missus was way too fucking hot for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 1:35 AM, SuperBacon said:

For all the Stath Lets Flats fans, a short YouTube video with all of them. "Delicious to be seeing you my friend" I rewatched it all last week. I love it so much. Really fancy Natasia Demetriou as well.

 

Thank you for posting this - I watched it having never seen the series. Watched the first episode and it is *excellent*. The whole pigeon sequence made my stomach hurt. I don't know how I'd never heard/seen it before but it's tremendous. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Thank you for posting this - I watched it having never seen the series. Watched the first episode and it is *excellent*. The whole pigeon sequence made my stomach hurt. I don't know how I'd never heard/seen it before but it's tremendous. 

"Come back here sir...young lad!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...