Dynamite Duane

What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Natasia Demitriou and Ellie White have a pilot for their sketch show, Ellie & Natasia, on the iPlayer. It's absolutely ridiculous and bonkers but hilarious as well. You may have seen them do their middle-class mummy bloggers characters on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown before and they reprise them for the show which is one of the stand out sketches.

Highly recommended if you like daft, oddball comedy.

I've heard Natashia Demitriou on stuff and enjoyed her, but I found their double act on Cat's Does Countdown bloody hard work, and by that I mean cack. 

Natasia Demitriou is also in What We Do In The Shadows which I have enjoyed, although I'm pretty sure I would watch Matt Berry in just about anything. One of the episodes this week had one hell of a guest cast including off the top of my head Tilda Swinton, Danny Trejo, Bautista, and Wesley Snipes!

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Natasia Demitriou is also in What We Do In The Shadows which I have enjoyed, although I'm pretty sure I would watch Matt Berry in just about anything. One of the episodes this week had one hell of a guest cast including off the top of my head Tilda Swinton, Danny Trejo, Bautista, and Wesley Snipes!

All my Matt Berry loving friends have said Year of the Rabbit was fucking awful

WWDITS is the first thing I’ve seen Natasia Demetriou in and I think I might love her so will give this sketch show a go and hope I like it!

On 6/6/2019 at 11:20 AM, Factotum said:

The Virtues Fuck me Stephen Graham is unbelievable. Probably the best British Actor out there at the moment.

Can't recommend it enough. Last episode was about as tense as I've ever been watching TV. Graham has always been in my top tier, and this cemented that fact like nothing before. 

13 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Natasia Demitriou and Ellie White have a pilot for their sketch show, Ellie & Natasia, on the iPlayer. It's absolutely ridiculous and bonkers but hilarious as well. You may have seen them do their middle-class mummy bloggers characters on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown before and they reprise them for the show which is one of the stand out sketches.

Highly recommended if you like daft, oddball comedy.

I like a lot of the stuff you mention so I gave this a go on the strength of your excellent reputation. Which is now in tatters! :laugh:

It was awful. In hindsight, I could have turned it off after the first sketch, which was atrocious, so my fault for sticking it out. I'm not a huge fan of sketch shows as a genre anyway but this was low on the totem pole. I've been watching Harry Enfield and Chums on Netflix recently and while that's stupid, it's still brilliantly funny. I just didn't laugh at this.

10 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Really please to see some love for What We Do In The Shadows! Along with the film it is based on, I am a huge fan!

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I like a lot of the stuff you mention so I gave this a go on the strength of your excellent reputation. Which is now in tatters! :laugh:

It was awful. In hindsight, I could have turned it off after the first sketch, which was atrocious, so my fault for sticking it out. I'm not a huge fan of sketch shows as a genre anyway but this was low on the totem pole. I've been watching Harry Enfield and Chums on Netflix recently and while that's stupid, it's still brilliantly funny. I just didn't laugh at this.

I understand that it’s not for everyone as it’s very bizarre but then again I’m a big fan of Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job and Doctor Brown so this was right up my alley. 

To be honest, seeing something described as "Bonkers" is a huge red flag for me.

36 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

To be honest, seeing something described as "Bonkers" is a huge red flag for me.

Good to see my eloquent, GCSE level English, way with words is really winning people over. 

Still haven't found myself in the right mood for Chernobyl so I started watching Years and Years on iPlayer instead. Really really good.

Chernobyl made me very sad, following which, The Virtues pretty much finished me off and rinsed me of any mirth.

An absolutely astounding performance by Stephen Graham, to be honest, and it felt like watching a documentary at times.

I know everyone loves Shane Meadows, but I’m not able for his stuff and I do feel like the living, breathing equivalent of the Kid A album anytime I am subjected to anything he does.
Close-up on a some cunt filling up a limescale addled kettle, followed by a smash cut to a cigarette burning in a wooden ashtray that once said ‘Corfu’ on it, followed by a long shot of a half eaten Rustlers Rib Burger. Someone is crying, or trying to shake off an impending mental breakdown. People who look like they need to wash themselves have sex on a mattress with no sheet on it. Someone buys a pair of tights and puts them on. Lead character tops himself or regresses into alcoholism or drug use. Credits with no music.