Dynamite Duane

What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

I’ve just started watching Dead to Me on Netflix. Reminds me a bit of Back to Life in that it’s a comedy with a murder/mystery at its heart. Plus both Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini 

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’ve just started watching Dead to Me on Netflix. Reminds me a bit of Back to Life in that it’s a comedy with a murder/mystery at its heart. Plus both Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini 

I watched about 10 minutes of the first episode of that and correctly predicted what would happen at the end of the series. Its not very good and Christina Applegate is a bit rubbish and her character is completely unlikeable.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I watched about 10 minutes of the first episode of that and correctly predicted what would happen at the end of the series. Its not very good and Christina Applegate is a bit rubbish and her character is completely unlikeable.

Did you watch more then 10 minutes?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Did you watch more then 10 minutes?

Yeah thats just how long it took tio see where it was heading and I'd already had a brief summary of the first couple of episodes from my girlfriend. Overall I watched the first episode and last two and the rest just bits in between. It's just a trashy american soap opera with a poor central character. Cardellini and Marsden are fine though and it has a fairly respectable rating on IMDB.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah thats just how long it took tio see where it was heading and I'd already had a brief summary of the first couple of episodes from my girlfriend. Overall I watched the first episode and last two and the rest just bits in between. It's just a trashy american soap opera with a poor central character. Cardellini and Marsden are fine though and it has a fairly respectable rating on IMDB.

Well I found a lot of development of Applegate's character even within the first 2 episodes but I wouldn't just watch 10 minutes and skip to the end. Jesus, its only a short form series, not a typical 24 episode thing, but hey, if that's what works for you 

Well i watched the first episode decided it wasn't for me and tuned out whilst my lady watched the entire series then popped back in for the last couple, to see if i was right. It's not a difficult concept to understand. Its a shit(ter) desperate housewives.

Finished Line of Duty last night. First season is passable with some truly laughably unnatural dialogue. 2nd is ok. 3rd season is where it definitely elevates itself to something worth your time - that finale episode is something really special. 4th season maintains this momentum and features some gripping performances and turns.

Anyway, the 5th is ok but

I never once bought into H being Hastings, which meant it dragged a little. It was also a bit confusing some of the convoluted plot points. The twist at the end was alright, but definitely a bit of downward curve from the 3rs and 4th, which are truly excellent.

Line of Duty reached it's peak when Hastings gave Bigelow the sideways glance as she took her big ol' booty off to the ladies room.

Did anyone give the two big new terrestrial dramas this week a go?

I missed the first 20 mins of BBC One's Years and Years and so I'm not quite sure what to make of it, or how much context was set for the events to follow, but the last few minutes were pretty compelling as what started as a glimpse into the lives of a fairly ordinary family, albeit too diverse for many on Twitter it would seem, descended into Britain thrust into the middle of a nuclear war.  If I'm honest, I was more confused than excited by it, but intrigued enough to tune in again next week to witness the fall out (no pun intended).

The Virtues on the other hand.  I mean, similarly vague at this point as I appreciate most first episodes are, but fuck me, Stephen Graham is a force of nature isn't he?  I can't think of another actor past or present, who I find so gut wrenchingly unsettling to watch.  Knowing nothing about the way this story is to pan out, there were a few moments where I expected him to explode in a violent rage, I mean christ.  The toll a performance like that must take on an actor doesn't bear thinking about, and this was just episode one.  Cracking stuff.  The man is phenomenal.  

That entire first third was gut wrenching then the scene in the pub was excruciatingly realistic. Very unsettling, been thinking about it all week since.

Anyone watch the final episode of big bang theory. What a poor finish for it but it hasnt been the same in about 4 seasons

Why, has it been good?

*pushes glasses up bridge of nose with index finger as laughter track roars*

5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Why, has it been good?

*pushes glasses up bridge of nose with index finger as laughter track roars*

It was genuinely the most none important final episode of any program ever let alone one on there 12th season 

34 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Anyone watch the final episode of big bang theory. What a poor finish for it but it hasnt been good once in about 12 seasons

Fixed.

Edited by Accident Prone