What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Just got done with Deadwood, absolutely wonderful. Deadwood is in my top 5 of all time and that was a sublime and fitting conclusion.Ā 

All the hullabaloo of GoT being the best TV show of all time, and then Al fucking Swearengen rears his head, strokes his tache and chin and gives the whole TV world an all knowing wink before leaving his balcony and going back into The Gem.Ā 

Good GirlsĀ series 2 was very good again. Bit of a sleeper hit, and really well acted, with some particularly poignant moments between Mae Whitman and her child. I love Mae Whitman so very, very much.

Having said all this, Rio is one of the worst written, cliched ā€œbad boyā€ characters ever, but this is the only wrong foot it puts, so Iā€™ll let it slide.

Just got done with Deadwood, absolutely wonderful. Deadwood is in my top 5 of all time and that was a sublime and fitting conclusion.Ā 

Yeah it's another level. Milch is brilliant. I always put Ian McShane's performance up there with Gandolfini in utterly inhabiting a role on TV.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Just blitzed through all 4 episodes of When they see us. Absolute gut punch but well worth your time.

Just finished the first two episodes, although I had to take a long break between them. Some of the acting from the accused lads is outstanding given how young they are. Brilliant so far, but proper heart-wrenching stuff.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Just finished the first two episodes, although I had to take a long break between them. Some of the acting from the accused lads is outstanding given how young they are. Brilliant so far, but proper heart-wrenching stuff.

It gets worse

Natasia Demitriou and Ellie White have a pilot for their sketch show, Ellie & Natasia, on the iPlayer. It's absolutely ridiculous and bonkers but hilarious as well. You may have seen them do their middle-class mummy bloggers characters on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown before and they reprise them for the show which is one of the stand out sketches.

Highly recommended if you like daft, oddball comedy.

• Paid Members

Natasia Demitriou is also in What We Do In The Shadows which I have enjoyed, although I'm pretty sure I would watch Matt Berry in just about anything. One of the episodes this week had one hell of a guest cast including off the top of my head Tilda Swinton, Danny Trejo, Bautista, and Wesley Snipes!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Natasia Demitriou is also in What We Do In The Shadows which I have enjoyed, although I'm pretty sure I would watch Matt Berry in just about anything. One of the episodes this week had one hell of a guest cast including off the top of my head Tilda Swinton, Danny Trejo, Bautista, and Wesley Snipes!

All my Matt Berry lovingĀ friends have said Year of the Rabbit was fucking awful

On 6/6/2019 at 11:20 AM, Factotum said:

The Virtues Fuck me Stephen Graham is unbelievable. Probably the best British Actor out there at the moment.

Can't recommend it enough. Last episode was about as tense as I've ever been watching TV. Graham has always been in my top tier, and this cemented that fact like nothing before.Ā