Sign in to follow this  
Dynamite Duane

What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

3 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Theory:

Hide contents

She's not actually been addressing/acknowledging the audience, she's addressing her dead mate. Until now it's largely been entirely in her head but as she's got more stressed, it's becoming noticeable to people who pay attention (which is just the priest.)"

I like this idea.

I've just read that James corden will be stepping down as the host of a league of their own..... he's finally given the middle finger too the uk to go be a big deal in the states. 

I've always loved James back in the day with gavin and stacey ext thought he was genuinely funny but like so many other brits they have got bored of the uk and tried to smash America. 

Jack Whitehall has recently done exactly the same it's just sad to see our comedians fuck us off for a shot in the states 

Just now, Kfogg1991 said:

I've just read that James corden will be stepping down as the host of a league of their own..... he's finally given the middle finger too the uk to go be a big deal in the states. 

I've always loved James back in the day with gavin and stacey ext thought he was genuinely funny but like so many other brits they have got bored of the uk and tried to smash America. 

Jack Whitehall has recently done exactly the same it's just sad to see our comedians fuck us off for a shot in the states 

Comedians?

Eh? He's been in America for ages now. I'm surprised he was still doing A League Of Their Own. He's also shit and unfunny.

Jack Whitehall was good in Fresh Meat, I couldn't imagine him being able to play any other type of character though.

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Jack Whitehall was good in Fresh Meat, I couldn't imagine him being able to play any other type of character though.

I hope you are wrong. He is in the upcoming Good Omens on Amazon. That's a book I love and I have high hopes for the series. 

11 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I hope you are wrong. He is in the upcoming Good Omens on Amazon. That's a book I love and I have high hopes for the series. 

Jack lost it for me a while ago tbh he was genuinely funny and for me he justlost it 

I noticed they've got an odd choice of director for that, not saying he's bad but seems like a bit of a journeyman doing episodes for all sorts of British shows. Highlights being The Bill, London's Burning and Soldier Soldier!

Unfortunately, James Corden is only missing the first couple of episodes of the next series of A League of Their Own due to his filming schedule in America or something. He's not stepping down entirely. 

I still don't understand how Jack Whitehall has the career he has. Well, I do - his Dad owns the the talent agency he's signed to - but you know what I mean. He's awful. I don't get how everyone thinks that clip of him pretending to be scared of Mr Blobby is hilarious.

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Pratchett has never translated to screen. Not optimistic. 

The trailer didn’t do a lot to convince me but I’ll remain hopeful for Good Omens. I think it’s probably true that he just doesn’t translate to screen but maybe that’s why the Watch series for BBC America is going to be new stories. 

1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Pratchett has never translated to screen. Not optimistic. 

The discworld stuff was never going to. The influence of Neil Gaiman will definitely help. The 2 leads are pretty good as well. 

7 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I really enjoyed Going Postal.

Like most adaptations, good cast, excellent production values, cripplingly awful screenplay, and editing done in the last eight minutes before broadcast. 

@Lion_of_the_Midlands it's not a fantasy thing that creates the problem. It's the esoteric, twisty humour that doesn't work. The project is always taken on by people who think it's Lord of the Rings.

Don't misunderstand me, more than anything I want some onscreen Pratchett that doesn't embarrass me from the inside out and leave me weeping with shame at the gross mishandling of the material. I would rather be pleasantly surprised than get my hopes up like every other translation in the past 30 years.