What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Not sure I can enjoy the show as James Corden has become unbearable since I watched Gavin & Stacey years ago. At the time, he was fine- I still thought of him as the boff from Teachers and he wasn't the face of England's major football tournament campaigns at that point, or being unfunny everywhere else. Rob Brydon is going to have to work his arse off.

• Paid Members

I still like the re-runs. Corden's a decent actor. Enjoyed him in G&S and that Wrong Mans thing he did with one of the G&S fellas. He's a bellend but I don't watch much of anything else he's doing or follow him on social media or anything so I'm shielded from it. Certainly won't stop me enjoying this if its any good.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Evidence of the inequality that women still face:

image.png.8ae559c72e84003fa434c95b989195ed.png

I thought the exact same thing when I checked the trends on Twitter earlier! Gavin is a bit shit anyway, Stacey is infinitely more likeable.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I thought the exact same thing when I checked the trends on Twitter earlier! Gavin is a bit shit anyway, Stacey is infinitely more likeable.

She's a bit of a knobhead after series 1.

• Paid Members

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but maybe someone can help... I’m currently in France and have SkyGo set up on my laptop but obviously can’t watch any of the terrestrial channels. Can anyone link me to somewhere I can change the VPN on my laptop temporarily to watch BBC?

9 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

She's a bit of a knobhead after series 1.

Yeah once they get married at the end of S1 she turns heel very quickly, I get that she's a home girl but she barely gave Essex much of a chance until the marriage was at real risk and even then Gav was the one that gave up everything in the Christmas special to work and live in Barry to keep her happy

• Awards Moderator

Finished Mum series 3 over the weekend. Just perfect comedy. I can't begin to understand how you write the script for that, there's just nothing there! Peter Mullan is adorable

11 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Finished Mum series 3 over the weekend. Just perfect comedy. I can't begin to understand how you write the script for that, there's just nothing there! Peter Mullan is adorable

Stefan Golaszewski is an absolute master at writing so much with so little. Did you watch his previous show, Him & Her? Very similar style with that. All one setting and lots of slow paced silence. It shouldn't work - especially with a comedy - but it really does.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Stefan Golaszewski is an absolute master at writing so much with so little. Did you watch his previous show, Him & Her? Very similar style with that. All one setting and lots of slow paced silence. It shouldn't work - especially with a comedy - but it really does.

Never realised he did Him & Her. Long time since I saw it but we absolutely loved it. Kerry Howard is a superb heel in that. An absolute bastard of a character. He's genius.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Never heard of it, but the cast list is amazing. Will go find it.