What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The Lister curse strikes again. Natural Born Sellers has been moved out of prime time. Officially it's because of poor ratings, though I suspect it may be specifically down to a lack of advertisers (last week's episode had one break with only one ad). I guess that makes sense as watching the show hardly leaves in the mood to listen to sales pitches.

It may be out of primetime but what a show it was last week. Scott being the cockiest man alive and crashing back to earth with a bang. As well as that dark haired bint (really can't remember her name) seemingly wanting to whore her way to the top. SImply great stuff from start to finish.

Just thought id quickly reply to this as i actually used to work for Scott English for 118Trades. I can actually confirm that he is indeed that much of a cocky character but at the same time i felt he made Natural Born Sellers what it was. As soon as he left, my interest in the show quickly went sour. Who actually won in the end?

Rather brilliantly it was Gavin. He came in the bottom two every week but survived, either because people liked him and wanted to keep him, or in later weeks because they knew he was less of a threat to win. He then pulled off the win in the final (which was selling shares in a racehorse for charity) by practically begging and wound up selling sponsorship on a terminally ill child's wheelchair.

Jesus! I'm glad i didn't watch till the end then as that would have wound me up big time. I was calling for him to get the boot after week 1!

Was only fun when Scott English was in the show to be honest. The banter between him and all of his ex employee's on Facebook was a sight to behold as it was clear nobody wanted him to win! A real life man you love to hate!

Edited by Romford_Hoop

Last Man Standing was a good 'un! They were wrestling at a huge show in India with the westerners as the main attraction on the bill. The American submission fighter was well suited to the wrestling but got injured in the training and never made it on the competition. The poor yanks haven't fared well at all. Next week is the last of the series and it looks like Ed could be the winner.

I caught a bit of Inbetweeners last night on Channel 4 which looks pretty funny.

I enjoy watching The Big Bang Theory but looks like it's on E4 but can't see as we can't get it properly with Sky :(

Wonder if it can be fixed so we can receive E4 OK? E4 and More4 are the only channels that don't work properly for us.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

I should really go into the actual thread, but am afraid of spoilers.

I started season 1 of The Shield. It started a bit slow, and I was beginning to give up on it (I thought the blurred lines between good and bad, and the way episodes flowed together rather than being wrapped in a neat bundle was a cute idea, but made bad television). Then, somehow, it got to the point where I couldn't turn it off. That was about three weeks ago, and i'm know half way through season 5.

Never has a show been more compelling or more absorbing. Glenn Close was fantastic, but Forrest Whittakers introduction has took this show to another level. I hope we haven't seen the last of Anthony Anderson, either. The bit where he's shot Angie and got a gun to Shane's head and says 'From now on, when I say 'suck my dick' you say 'want me to lick your balls, daddy'' is possibly the most tense moment in the history of televison. Well, aside from Aceveda's rape and when Vic finds out Aceveda screwed him out of the job he wanted.

Clearly the best television show i've seen. By a mile. And a half.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Lovin the old On The Buses film from the 70s on tonight.

There's a few programmes on about the holy lands and biblical times that I find interesting, there was one on earlier on Channel 5 about the Knights Templar.

There is one on about Pagans aswell as an alternative to the rest about the nativity.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it has been mentioned but i've just gotten throught 7 years worth of the Gilmore Girls on e4 the past year and i have to say its easily one of my fave shows ever now.

The dialogue is so witty and fast paced and you can't help but feel for many of the characters, plus having such a damn cute lead helps muchly.

• Paid Members

A few things on the go at the moment.

I started re-watching Heroes having finally sorted my computer troubles and obtained Season 2 and all of Season 3 so far. Started at the beginning because it's been ages since I watched the first series. Mostly enjoying it. The Nicky/Jessica stuff is still deeply, deeply tedious and I don't like a few of the other characters either, but still a fun show. Enjoying Hiro's greatness all over again, also got much love for Christopher Eccleston as Claude. Good stuff. I hear it derailed pretty badly in season 2, but I'll give it a shot anyway. After all, Kristen Bell is in it. Also I have to make it to season 3 for the Jaime Hector goodness.

Watched the pilot episode of 30 Rock after being insulted heavily for not watching it by Danzo. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Alec Baldwin is terrific and Tina Fey is one of my most favouritest peoples these days (Mean Girls~!), so it scores many points there. The sentiment of the show is very reminiscent of season 2 of Extras, which isn't a bad thing. Will watch more of this. Yes indeed.

Finally, I downloaded the entire first season of Weeds this week. Thoughts on this? Wanted to watch it since it was first advertised on Sky One some time ago because I love the premise. Is it good? Thought I'd give it a go.

I started re-watching Heroes having finally sorted my computer troubles and obtained Season 2 and all of Season 3 so far. Started at the beginning because it's been ages since I watched the first series. Mostly enjoying it. The Nicky/Jessica stuff is still deeply, deeply tedious and I don't like a few of the other characters either, but still a fun show. Enjoying Hiro's greatness all over again, also got much love for Christopher Eccleston as Claude. Good stuff. I hear it derailed pretty badly in season 2, but I'll give it a shot anyway. After all, Kristen Bell is in it. Also I have to make it to season 3 for the Jaime Hector goodness.

"Heroes" I gave up on a few episodes into series 2. I remember watching series 1 and thinking "it took Hiro about 6 episodes to get that sword". It

"Heroes" I gave up on a few episodes into series 2. I remember watching series 1 and thinking "it took Hiro about 6 episodes to get that sword". It

Following on from the Nativity programme and other similar biblical documentaries is the History of Christianity on Channel 4 Sunday evenings, what the wife calls boring but I am a total geek over :) It covers some of the same stuff as what I watched over Xmas on Channel 4 and Channel 5. Pretty soon I'll be a biblical expert after absorbing all this ;)

The first was quite an eye opener about the origins of antisemitism.

4400 pilot - never seen the series but saw the pilot the other day on Sky2 and quite like it. Will give the series a go if I catch it on.

Celebrity Big Brother - how can you not watch it eh? BB lures me in every time lol

Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe - it's new to me so guess I'm playing catch up on this one. I recall a thread on it which doesn't surprise me now I've seen the programme. It does seem like a programme that would appeal to many of the members of the ukff.

IT Crowd - something else quite new to me and I'm lovin' it! Just watched all of series 2 having taped off More4.

Edited by Dynamite Duane