What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Enjoyed Plus One on Channel 4 last night, pretty funny. Seen the lead actor in something else before on bbc 3 I think, set in Blackpool which was quite dark so interesting to see him play a full on comedy part.

Lovin Only Fools and Horses on GOLD :) , I didn't really watch it a lot first time around apart from the Xmas specials.

I think you are talking about Funland, which was a rather dark series from a few years back.

Plus One is really quite fun, both episodes so far have been really good and it is good to see Duncan from Blue sending himself up. Worth a watch if you have not seen it yet.

• Paid Members

Cheers for the info on the black guy in Ricky's gang. So he's supposed to be English. I see. I got that he was going for that, but it did not sound good at all.

Enjoyed the light-hearted comedy of Hiro getting repeatedly shovelled in the head.

HEROES SEASON 3 SPOILERS

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Nine episodes into season three of Heroes now. Sticking with it. Really really sick of Peter fucking Petrelli. Hated him since the first season and still do now. Such a whiny bitch with his ludicrous facial expressions and constant angst. Awful man. Thankfully they've found an excuse to keep Linderman going and thus I get my Malcom Macdowell fix. He's awesome. Also you couldn't really come up with a better role for Jaime Hector than a guy who gets stronger when people around him are scared. Quite an inspired choice of power for him.

The battle for Sylar's soul is fairly interesting, definitely one of the most engaging characters and I've always thought Zachary Quinto to be excellent in the role. Never know quite what's going on behind those magnificent giant eyebrows.

Apocalyptic visions of the future are getting a bit old now if I'm honest. I always found the problem of Sylar in the here and now to be more interesting than the bomb scenario in season 1, and I think it'd be more fun to see everyone deal with Arthur Petrelli and his posse of supervillains without the tedious "I have to defeat him to save the world... I SAW IT IN MY DREAM" bullshit. I like that Meredith's accent has totally vanished by the way. She ain't no Texan no more. Boy howdy. Trivia: The guy who plays her brother (lol he makes flames from his hands and he's called FLINT lol) is actually Fulham striker Andy Johnson.

Shame they killed off the David Anders character, I always enjoy his work. I presume he disintegrated because once Arthur stole his ability his body realised that he's over 400 years old? Or does Arthur have the power to dust people as well? He seems to have the power to do just about everything. Bit dull really.

Absolutely loved the stuff with the puppeteer dude. That whole scenario was creepy as hell. Must say, if I had Claire and Meredith under my absolute control I'd be inclined to do something decidedly more lewd than make them play a sick variation of Russian Roulette. I don't know if that makes me better or worse than the guy from the show. I'm thinking worse actually. Oh dear. Much worse.

Anyway yeah, that whole sequence was fun and I like the way they got out of it.

It's a shame the Jesse character didn't last long. His ability was fun and he was played by Francis Capra, which meant that there were two Veronica Mars representatives in the show for a couple of episodes. This pleased me.

I liked that woman Angela Petrelli brought in to feed Sylar. This is Weenie McLame, she has the ability to touch an object and see its entire history. In fairness it'd be quite handy for antiques and perhaps for murder weapons if she went down the detective route, but seriously... bwahahaha! How shit is that? She almost deserves to have her head popped for that piece of crap "power". It reminded me of Meg from family guy where she has the power to grow her finger nails really fast. They should have more rubbish ones. This is Susie Von Dryhead, when she washes her hair, she can will it to dry in SECONDS if she focuses her mind. And Sylar can be all "Erm, I'll pass. Good luck with that".

Mohinder's transformation into Eugene Tooms was very silly. I like how Mr. Bennet (Will not call him Noah :angry:) explained it away as if he was making fun of the writers.

"What's he doing in there???"

"I dunno. Making a nest? Who knows"

Then they just don't speak of it again. I'm guessing they were going somewhere with that and then thought better of it.

What else what else? Oh yeah, BUBBLES~! Awesome. Cool power too. His apparent suicide was a bit anticlimactic because of how fast it happens though.

Shame they killed Bob. I liked Bob. He was difficult to read and could make things that weren't gold before into gold now. Handy indeed.

I'm invested in it now so I'll keep following it until I can't physically bring myself to watch it any more. I'm glad they totally forgot about Kaitlin, she was beyond rubbish.

Watched the entire first season of Weeds. Loved it. Brilliant show, I need more of it. Mary Louise Parker, wow. The end of season cliffhanger was tremendous. I hope she gets together with Conrad, at least for a time. He's a guy of dudes in the main. Liked him in 40 year old Virgin too. Celia and her husband are hilarious. Sanjay is basically me if I somehow encountered Nancy. And they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.... Damn song. Get out of my brain.

Speaking of Heroes season 3 - does anyone know what's happened to it on BBC2? It was being shown on Wednesday nights but disappeared just before Christmas. I assumed it would be back after the festive schedules but I've seen no sign of it yet. The last episode I saw didn't seem like a season finale:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Sylar trapped a few of them in the Primatech building, and tried to get Claire to kill Angela. Claire's bio-mom was later left burning uncontrollably in a cell while Noah saved the cheerleader.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Have I missed something? :(

Enjoyed Plus One on Channel 4 last night, pretty funny. Seen the lead actor in something else before on bbc 3 I think, set in Blackpool which was quite dark so interesting to see him play a full on comedy part.

Lovin Only Fools and Horses on GOLD :) , I didn't really watch it a lot first time around apart from the Xmas specials.

I think you are talking about Funland, which was a rather dark series from a few years back.

Plus One is really quite fun, both episodes so far have been really good and it is good to see Duncan from Blue sending himself up. Worth a watch if you have not seen it yet.

Agree with you both. Even the actor who played mini Den in Eastenders has been funny in it so far. Good to see Big Suze from Peep Show in a selection of skimpy outfits in Friday's episode as well.

Speaking of Heroes season 3 - does anyone know what's happened to it on BBC2? It was being shown on Wednesday nights but disappeared just before Christmas. I assumed it would be back after the festive schedules but I've seen no sign of it yet. The last episode I saw didn't seem like a season finale:

Sylar trapped a few of them in the Primatech building, and tried to get Claire to kill Angela. Claire's bio-mom was later left burning uncontrollably in a cell while Noah saved the cheerleader.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It took a Christmas break in the US as alot of other shows have aswell. I read that it will start again on BBC2 sometime in February, although not sure if the exact date has been confirmed.

I haven't seen Plus One, but I have seen the lead actor in the advert for it. He was also in a dark drama last year on Channel 4. It was a court case, he was acting infront of a real life jury, it was a rape case and the jury had to decide what happened. Did anyone see this? It was good and interesting with the jury.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It took a Christmas break in the US as alot of other shows have aswell. I read that it will start again on BBC2 sometime in February, although not sure if the exact date has been confirmed.

Thanks. The same thing happened with The Sarah Connor Chronicles, but I heard the announcement for that one.

Agree with you both. Even the actor who played mini Den in Eastenders has been funny in it so far. Good to see Big Suze from Peep Show in a selection of skimpy outfits in Friday's episode as well.

I love Big Suze, I would give my left nut to spend some sexy time with both of the Winkleman sisters

:love::love::love:

In regards to Plus One, i'm guessing that he ends up copping off with the girl from his work. She is super fine !! :love::love::love:

I need a cold shower :sly:

Been watching Breaking Bad, and must say for anyone who has not see it, it is absolutely amazing.

Bryan Cranston as Walter White is an inspiring choice and just re-inforces what I though of him all along being an extremely good actor. It's about a Science teacher who finds out he has inoperable lung cancer and decides that in order to guarantee his families financial future after he's gone must make and sell Crystal Meth.

It's very gritty, sometimes a bit too realistic looking and just overall brilliant. I would highly recommend it to anyone with free will.

• Paid Members

FAO Just Me (Heroes S3 spoilers):

I just watched that episode you mentioned Just Me. It was the season finale.

The stuff at Primatech was fairly season finale-ish to me, as in the iconic company facility got completely destroyed by an overloading Meredith. Also, the fact that Peter, Knox and Flint destroyed the entire Pinehearst lab at the same time, Arthur Petrelli died and the only working batch of the formula was also destroyed is pretty final.

It also led to set-up moments for the next season. Nathan and Peter to become full-on adversaries, Ando has his new ability and Tracy has allied herself with Mohinder.

Also, at the end of the episode it does the usual season ender: "End of volume 3" and then starts volume 4. It has Nathan Petrelli talking to the president and handing him files on many of the Heroes we've met so far. It details their powers, likely locations and has photos and other information about them. Nathan says that he wants the government's help to round them all up and lock them away in a facility to stop them endangering society. The president says he'll get him whatever he needs.

Pinehearst and The Company are now destroyed. Two organisations that at least had an understanding of those with powers and at times tried to help them are now dead, and Nathan has government backing to hunt them down. As such, Volume 4 is called "fugitives".

Are you sure you didn't just miss the last five minutes or something?

• Paid Members

It has been fun times. I just hate Peter Petrelli SO MUCH. Don't ever trust him to do anything important ever. He might do it in the end, but best believe he'll take thirty times longer than the average person because he has to way up all the ISSUES in his ANGST-RIDDEN head and make his PAINED EXPRESSIONS before GETTING ON WITH IT.

Spoiler: He goes to kill Arthur Petrelli but can't do it because he's a massive bottling pissy-pants wiener. Haitian has Arthur's powers neutralised because he's a fucking bad-ass who gets shit done. He's struggling like crazy to do this because Petrelli is god-like in his powers. He's sweating, he's trembling, but he manages to hold Papa Petrelli's powers for a good couple of minutes.

Little Petey has his gun pointed at Arthur's head the whole fucking time, doing his trembly angst face as the Haitian begs him to hurry the hell up. Haitian had already offered to do it for him when they were driving over to the place because he knows that Peter is a little bitch, but Pete was all "NO, your brother was your responsibility, this is mine". Difference is, whilst Baron Samedi tried to reason with the Haitian and draw out his angsty-issues by using the "we're family!" line, Haitian was all "that doesn't work on me, die motherfucker!". Peter on the other hand, takes so sodding long that Arthur is able to break free of the hold and stop the bullet by the time he shoots. Luckily Sylar turns up, and he too is a man of dudes and is able to get the job done. OK Sylar has parental issues, but now that he has human lie detector lady's powers (the scene where he killed her was BAD-ASS by the way), you best believe Papa Petrelli has to pay dearly for lying to him.

Sylar and Haitian (and Nathan actually) are winners, Peter is not.

Sylar shouldn't have killed Kristen Bell though. She was totally into him. If she was totally into me I wouldn't cut her head open. I'd let her cut my head open if she asked though. Just sayin'. She wouldn't though because she's a vegetarian and would find it all icky to cut my head open. I'm digressing into nonsense now, this isn't even a spoiler any more. Thanks for reading.

Oh yeah, and it pisses me off that they killed Knox. Need to keep an eye out for Jaime Hector's next project.

Ugh.