What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

It's a co production between HBO and Sky. 

Sounds promising 

51 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Created and written by the mastermind behind Scary Movie 3 & 4 and The Hangover 2 & 3.

FUCK THAT

Line of Duty has well and truly jumped tne shark hasn't it? All that tension and excitement of the series 3 finale has been diluted and repeated for the last two series to become predictable and a little too ridiculous. Ill still watch it though.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Line of Duty has well and truly jumped tne shark hasn't it? All that tension and excitement of the series 3 finale has been diluted and repeated for the last two series to become predictable and a little too ridiculous. Ill still watch it though.

Season 5 was definitely a disappointment compared to 1-4, yet is still far superior to most British drama especially Bodyguard. I hope 6 will be the last Line of Duty and then maybe do some kind of spin off outside of AC12 or something 

On 4/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, SuperBacon said:

There’s an episode in Series 2 of Master Of None, that I would hold up against any episode in the history of TV, that’s how much I loved it. I won’t say which one, just in case you haven’t got there yet.

Just out of interest which one was it? They're all so bloody good! A bit weird seeing one certain episode though, given the real life allegations made against Aziz.

• Paid Members

Barry continues to be one of my favourite things on television and I'm shocked at how good an actor Bill Hader is coming from a comedy background and the supporting cast is perfect. Despite it getting darker, last weeks episode with the Tae Kwon Do instructor and his daughter was one of the funniest things I've seen this year.

Oh and NoHo Hank!

• Paid Members

I’ve just started watching Dead to Me on Netflix. Reminds me a bit of Back to Life in that it’s a comedy with a murder/mystery at its heart. Plus both Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini 

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’ve just started watching Dead to Me on Netflix. Reminds me a bit of Back to Life in that it’s a comedy with a murder/mystery at its heart. Plus both Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini 

I watched about 10 minutes of the first episode of that and correctly predicted what would happen at the end of the series. Its not very good and Christina Applegate is a bit rubbish and her character is completely unlikeable.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I watched about 10 minutes of the first episode of that and correctly predicted what would happen at the end of the series. Its not very good and Christina Applegate is a bit rubbish and her character is completely unlikeable.

Did you watch more then 10 minutes?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Did you watch more then 10 minutes?

Yeah thats just how long it took tio see where it was heading and I'd already had a brief summary of the first couple of episodes from my girlfriend. Overall I watched the first episode and last two and the rest just bits in between. It's just a trashy american soap opera with a poor central character. Cardellini and Marsden are fine though and it has a fairly respectable rating on IMDB.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah thats just how long it took tio see where it was heading and I'd already had a brief summary of the first couple of episodes from my girlfriend. Overall I watched the first episode and last two and the rest just bits in between. It's just a trashy american soap opera with a poor central character. Cardellini and Marsden are fine though and it has a fairly respectable rating on IMDB.

Well I found a lot of development of Applegate's character even within the first 2 episodes but I wouldn't just watch 10 minutes and skip to the end. Jesus, its only a short form series, not a typical 24 episode thing, but hey, if that's what works for you 

Well i watched the first episode decided it wasn't for me and tuned out whilst my lady watched the entire series then popped back in for the last couple, to see if i was right. It's not a difficult concept to understand. Its a shit(ter) desperate housewives.