What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I haven't seen it yet but read about it on Monday and added it straight to the series planner.

13 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Cheers for that, I'll add it to the watchlist. Toby Jones is one of those actors I could watch in absolutely anything.

I thought that until I tried (and failed) to watch Dad's Army.

Arrested Development series 4 was bloody hard work to follow at the start but half way through and I think it's got some bloody great gags and call backs. It's a shame the plot is so bloody messy because I think it has some better laughs than series 3 but probably not as consistent and still a little ways off the greatness of the first two.

Not recognising Steve Holt alongside his own father and "Anustart" are the two highlights so far.

Over the past few evenings I have been watching love, robots and death on Netflix. It's a collection of 10-15 minutes long sci-fi animated shorts. Some of them are really impressive and I would like to see the ideas expanded. A couple of them are a bit formulaic, but overall the quality is good.

48 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Are you watching the original version or the recut they did to make it more like the original format?

The recut version. I did start the original version but only watched a few and that was a while ago so it was doubly confusing as I hadn't realised I was watching a recut the second time around.

Started Westworld and The Good Wife recently.  I like watching one show with a continual story and one that's a monster of the week kind of deal.  Enjoying both so far, the cast of Westworld is excellent.

• Paid Members

Men Behaving Badly has been added to Netflix over the last few days. Martin Clunes really does have one of the oddest faces in the history of television.

It's not aged particularly well at all. Other than the theme which is still fucking great.

• Paid Members

Has it got the ITV series with Harry Enfield instead of Neil Morrissey? Genuinely one of the worst acting performances ever. I am amazed they ever let him do anything other than sketch after that.

2 hours ago, gmoney said:

Has it got the ITV series with Harry Enfield instead of Neil Morrissey? Genuinely one of the worst acting performances ever. I am amazed they ever let him do anything other than sketch after that.

He was always a terrible actor. He barely keeps from corpsing in most of his sketches and they’re the ones they used!

Quite fond of MBB, and rewatched them all quite recently. The one (Drunk?) where they stay at the pub on Gary and Dorothy’s anniversary will always hold a special place in my heart.

”To us it spells M-A-R-L-B-O-R-O”

”.....Middlesbrough?”