What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

56 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Nearly finished The OA part 2. All I Want to saybis Brit Marking manages to be completely captivating and really bad at acting at the same time.

I still can't decide if I liked the first season or not. It seemed quite pretentious but entertaining enough to watch until the end.

It's definitely pretentious nonsense but there's a good story in there and it's an interesting take on it's subject matter. But yeah, anytime Marling acts out of type she's comically bad.

Edit

Just finished this and man you have to see the ending to believe it.

they do a fucking Blazing Saddles. What a  stupid fucking ending.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
On 3/25/2019 at 3:52 PM, SuperBacon said:

Phoebe Waller-Bridges performance in tonight’s Fleabag is unbelievable. 

I like the twist of Father Moriarty seeming to know when she's breaking the fourth wall. It is a fantastic episode.

• Paid Members

Andrew Scott has been class in this, hasn't he? PWB is on another level, that was indeed a fantastic performance. The confession box out-pour was her at her very best. I wasn't happy with them getting it on at first, was hoping it'd either stretch out or never happen, but then the 'act of god' finished the episode off nicely.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Andrew Scott just seems to really enjoy every part he plays, or at least whatever I've seen him in. I always get a feeling that he loves what he does and it comes through in his performance.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Andrew Scott just seems to really enjoy every part he plays, or at least whatever I've seen him in. I always get a feeling that he loves what he does and it comes through in his performance.

I agree. I don’t think he’s ever been less then great in anything.

i gave up on Baptiste. Shame as I like the character and the original The Missing, but this was dull. My wife saw it through and said it was awful.

who cares though, the best BBC Drama is back next week fellas. Let’s hope Line of Duty continues to be essential viewing

• Paid Members
On 3/22/2019 at 12:44 PM, Accident Prone said:

Ah, fair enough then. Maybe rushed deadlines and cheap hack'n'slash editing are to blame for this widespread irritation?  The final minutes of every episode of The Good Place feel clumsy, almost as if the episodes were originally meant to be longer but had to be hastily shortened. 

The mentality is that every episode finish on a big cliffhanger to try and entice you back for the net episode. I can kind of see the mentality behind it. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I like the twist of Father Moriarty seeming to know when she's breaking the fourth wall. It is a fantastic episode.

Theory:

She's not actually been addressing/acknowledging the audience, she's addressing her dead mate. Until now it's largely been entirely in her head but as she's got more stressed, it's becoming noticeable to people who pay attention (which is just the priest.)"

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Theory:

Hide contents

She's not actually been addressing/acknowledging the audience, she's addressing her dead mate. Until now it's largely been entirely in her head but as she's got more stressed, it's becoming noticeable to people who pay attention (which is just the priest.)"

I like this idea.

I've just read that James corden will be stepping down as the host of a league of their own..... he's finally given the middle finger too the uk to go be a big deal in the states. 

I've always loved James back in the day with gavin and stacey ext thought he was genuinely funny but like so many other brits they have got bored of the uk and tried to smash America. 

Jack Whitehall has recently done exactly the same it's just sad to see our comedians fuck us off for a shot in the states 

Just now, Kfogg1991 said:

I've just read that James corden will be stepping down as the host of a league of their own..... he's finally given the middle finger too the uk to go be a big deal in the states. 

I've always loved James back in the day with gavin and stacey ext thought he was genuinely funny but like so many other brits they have got bored of the uk and tried to smash America. 

Jack Whitehall has recently done exactly the same it's just sad to see our comedians fuck us off for a shot in the states 

Comedians?