What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

21 hours ago, Factotum said:

Check her out in The Favourite if you can, she's brilliant in that and its a very good film. She also nails the english accent.

Really Emma Stone should be this generations Diane Keaton.

Yeah I've seen that, I can't imagine many films this year being better.

• Paid Members

Was round at my other half's uncle's this morning and Minder was on. Arfur had to contend with none other than Admiral Ozzel Bronson. 

• Paid Members

Baywatch seasons 1-9 have been added to Amazon Prime Instant. Newly restored in full HD and it looks amazing.

I've been plowing my way through the old DVDs over the last year and it's astonishing the difference. I'd always thought they were shot on film and edited on video but apparently not.

That's the good news. The bad news is that it has been reframed from the original aspect ratio of 4:3 to 16:9 cropping the top and bottom of the frame but opening up the sides.

Looks a bit tight to my eye and it means no more laughing at boom mics. Also over 300 songs have changed because rights issues. Don't worry the main theme is their though.

• Paid Members
On 1/19/2019 at 10:25 AM, Onyx2 said:

Shoehorning this into this thread which I was forwarded last night. Howling with laughter:

That was great fun, but the highlight of the episode for me was Sean Lock being asked what he was most proud of, and him replying, "probably all of the money I embezzled from the RNLI". There's just something so hilariously specific about it.