What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I'm at the halfway break or whatever they call it these days of Series 5 of Vikings.  It honestly felt like the lead up to a classic Survivor Series match.  All the lead players had a feud or dealings with someone in the other army and scores were going to be settled.  Tag teams turning on each other and others bound by duty to do the right thing even though they would have to go up against their brother, brother.

Really well put together and I think wrestling fans would've loved it.  Ironically enough, Edge isn't featured in that particular storyline.

I've also started Series 5 of Mad Men.  I still don't think it's brilliant but here I am watching every episode.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I've also started Series 5 of Mad Men.  I still don't think it's brilliant but here I am watching every episode.

Brilliantly misjudged by Megan. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Whats the level of enjoyment I can expect to get from Vikings? Is it dumb trash like Sons of Anarchy or is it closer to Spartacus in that it's far better than it looks and is a bit deeper?

In my opinion, not masses of enjoyment. It's fun from time to time but generally quite dull, I find. Nowhere near as good as Spartacus (but then again few shows are). I didn't connect with any of the characters at all.

• Paid Members

I started watching Parks & Recreation today to try and fill the gap until The Good Place is back on. I love how oblivious the characters are about how awful they are.

Edited by jazzygeofferz