What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

On 5/18/2018 at 8:59 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I've nearly finished Cobra Kai and it's bloody glorious but the one thing that keeps popping in to my head is that the whole show is based on Barney Stinsons take on The Karate Kid. 

I thought it would be rubbish based on the trailer I watched months back but Cobra Kai is surprisingly excellent! I watched it all over two days.

Highly recommended to anyone who enjoyed the Karate Kid back in the day!

had another 12 episodes to come in the autumn as well. I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes and had planned to get caught up at some point, guess I've got plenty of time now.

• Paid Members

Killing Eve - I really anticipated that this was going to be a militant feminist load of gik that I could in no way relate to unless I bore vulva, had watched Greys Anatomy or Will and Grace, and was fond of Bombay Sapphire and exercise clothing to wear on a trip to the shops, but it has been a fucking phenomenal ( ©  Bertie Martinez) ride. Truly has, and I am so glad that I had my really shite, begrudging preconceptions shoved up my bollocks.

It's extremely quirky and tense in equal measures. Everyone is a hoot, nearly everything about the show works and Jodie Comer is an immense talent who - after this - I can't see anything but stratospheric stardom for the lass. She effortlessly carries the show and conveys every emotion you can think of in any given episode.

My only gripe with the show is Sandra Oh. I don't think she's interesting or charismatic enough in her role - I'd have put Olivia Coleman in her place - but luckily, everyone around her gives her a dig out and there's so much going on around her character to distract you from the characters shortcomings. The 'heavy' scenes involving

Eve(Oh) and her husband and the deterioration of their relationship

is the only negative I can really find.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

I'm gutted about Roseanne. It's a great show and the relaunch is every bit as good as the original run. If only they could carry it on with out her. She really is a dickhead. The thing is everyone has always known that. It just sucks for the fans and the other cast members. They are every bit as important to the show as she is and probably perfectly nice normal people and not right wing racist idiots.