Sign in to follow this  
neil

UKFF Questions Thread V2

Watching an episode of Nitro from ‘96 on WWE Network and Jericho’s come out but to his “Break The Walls Down” WWE theme.

How are WWE able to replace just the entrance music, but leave other audio (i.e. crowd and commentary) intact?

The crowd sound is most likely artificial and they can probably seperate the audio track for the commentary and add it back in over the new music and bogus crowd noise.

Edited by The Dart

Has it ever rained at a Wrestlemania either in an outdoor venue or one with a huge roof that would make an enormous sound? I was curious how they would deal the sound of heavy rain on the roof.

Didn't it rain at The Big Event? Hogan vs Orndorff. I think it was at a Baseball stadium.

There was a smattering of rain at the beginning of 24(? - the one that started with Finlay vs JBL) but it was very light IIRC. Could sort of see it on the camera right at the very beginning.

Somewhat related, there is a Hogan-Studd match from Puerto Rico (I think) where it absolutely fucking hammers it down, the crowd run for cover. No cover over the ring, they carry on wrestling for a bit but Studd slips over in the wet and the ring mat (which is red) bleeds dye all over 👍his white tights. They get the fuck out of the there shortly after that. It was on the Hogan DVD set they put out in the early 2000s so may well be on the Network.

Edited by Statto
Fuck knows how that thumbs up got in there.

Okada and Suzuki had the "draw in the downpour" 2 years ago in Suzuki's 30th anniversary match

Went the 30 minutes in torrential rain

Great match and worth checking out just for the visuals of it all as well

That's the most notable match in the rain I can think off.

8 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Earl Hebner. Teamed with The Rock against DX. 

Wow I thought it might be but that was one hell of a rough bump for a non wrestler. Thanks!

Was just trying to clarify a response i'd made in the Random thoughts thread and came across this event from 2001 on Cage Match

"ECW Reunion Show"- Elks Lodge 8/7/01

Singles Match

Singles Match
Kid USA defeats The Mighty Finn
Singles Match
Nova defeats Chris Chetti (w/Elektra)
Singles Match
Singles Match
Tag Team Match
Singles Match
Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso) defeats Angel
Singles Match

Anyone got any info on this as it seems like it was a a good chunk of the final ECW roster that wasn't signed to WWE (and Dreamer), mostly curious if it was an ECW booked event that someone on the card took over. 

What is the submission hold that sees the aggressor have their opponent face down with their legs crossed. The wrestler then applies a bridging threshold whilst pulling up on their opponents neck.

Should be simple to find butvfuck me I'm struggling 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

What is the submission hold that sees the aggressor have their opponent face down with their legs crossed. The wrestler then applies a bridging threshold whilst pulling up on their opponents neck.

An STF?

50 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Muta lock? AKA Japanese death lock? 

https://youtu.be/sjXEfkwZe4o

Does anyone know more about this? Cactus Jack working a death match in Japan whilst under contract to WWF/E? Never heard the story before.