Sign in to follow this  
neil

UKFF Questions Thread V2

What was the legit deal with Silver Vision losing the WWE VHS / DVD contract ( and going out of business a few years afterwards) ? Simple case of contract not being renewed or something else?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I've never seen those matches where the WWE Title changes hands in the middle of it and whoever is champ at the end leaves with it. Anyone know how many there were and what shows they're on?

13 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I've never seen those matches where the WWE Title changes hands in the middle of it and whoever is champ at the end leaves with it. Anyone know how many there were and what shows they're on?

The Championship Sramble match 

Unforgiven in 2008 is the show you want

ECW, WWE and World Heavyweight Titles were all defended on that show in 3 separate scramble matches.

I thought there was another one at some point but a quick search only brings up the Unforgiven event so I must be remembering wrong.

7 minutes ago, The Dart said:

There was another one.  At The Bash 2009.

Thanks I thought I rememberd there being another one away from that 1st event

It was for the ECW Title which may have thrown off my search on Google as I was searching for WWE title Scramble matches.

Genuinely had no recollection of the one from The Bash 2009, and I’ve definitely watched that show as it had one of those really good Jericho/Mysterio matches on it

Edited by WyattSheepMask

12 minutes ago, Seargent Meerkat said:

I’m really enjoying Humberto Carrillo at the moment, but never saw anything of his from NXT/ 205. Does anyone have any recommendations of good matches from this period?

None come to mind as standouts but I do remember him having a match against Buddy Murphy on 205 early in the year. Generally speaking if it was a Murphy match on 205 it'll be pretty good.

Did Power and Glory ever botch the PowerPlex? Pretty impressive if not, with such a small margin of error.

No, never seen anybody botch it, even that D-Lo and Chaz combo. Seems a bit odd, the margin of error is so fine.

I haven't seen any spoilers. Are either of Takeover or Survivor Series worth pirating? Are either of them under 16 hours? 

28 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I haven't seen any spoilers. Are either of Takeover or Survivor Series worth pirating? Are either of them under 16 hours? 

Main Survivor Series show was less than 3 1/2 hours. Not sure about Takeover but it wasn't overly long. Nothing close to bad on either show, as usual, but not too much I'd have worried if I missed. the opener on Takeover is probably the best match of the weekend.

Thanks, sounds like I'll watch Takeover until I get bored then read spoilers for Survivor Series. 

What is it with the word Pac and wrestling? Pac and X-Pac both exist and I have no idea if it references anything? I'm sure its not related to the code needed to transfer your mobile number to another provider... 

They started using Syxx-Pac as a nickname in WCW which I always assumed was a take on 2-Pac and just ended up being carried over when he jumped back to WWE.