UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Just noticed my main man Jinder Mahal hasn't wrestled in 2 and a half months.  Haven't read that he's injured.  I'm guessing he is.  Do we know?

From Wikipedia:

On June 28, WWE announced that Mahal suffered a knee injury and it was reported that the injury would sideline him for six to twelve months.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

How often has Triple H used his 'King of Kings' music? Is it just one he pulls out for big WrestleMania matches or was there a period where he had it regularly?

Cracking piece of entrance music, that song.

I'm pretty sure there was a brief period where he used it regularly, around 2013, when he first started using the "King Of Kings" nickname. 

Since then, there was a time (maybe he still does this) when he was using "King Of Kings" if he was there in a non-wrestling capacity (i.e. as one of The Authority), and "The Game" when he wrestled.

I don't think he has ever used it as a full entrance song for a match, it's always been a prelude or for non-wrestling segments. He was definitely using it that way post WM22 but then I don't recall it being used from after the DX reunion of 06 until he became an onscreen authority in 2011. Even then I couldn't pinpoint when that happened as I didn't watch Raw regularly again until 2013 around when he turned heel and was using it as his "in-suit" music. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Since then, there was a time (maybe he still does this) when he was using "King Of Kings" if he was there in a non-wrestling capacity (i.e. as one of The Authority), and "The Game" when he wrestled.

Yeah, this is still the case. "The Game" is used for matches, "King of Kings" when he comes out for promos etc.

On 9/6/2019 at 6:03 AM, bAzTNM#1 said:

I've not watched the grappling in years. What is this "Firefly Fun House" thing with Bray Wyatt all about? I imagine the one that aired on Monday might scare the kiddies.

Bray went off of TV around August/September last year, he was teaming with ‘Woken’ Matt Hardy at the time but Matt got injured. Rather than just go back to just being ‘rambling promo, but everyone beats him’ Bray, he was taken off TV completely 

The night after Wrestlemania 35, they started to run vignettes which showed some puppet characters with creepy music, and a couple of weeks later, Bray showed up like he was presenting a Children’s TV show in the style of Mr Rogers Neighborhood .

Bray made reference to not wanting to be who he was before and apologised for his actions, but there were implications that he still had a dark side. These vignettes ran for several weeks before eventually leading to The Fiend being revealed as being Bray’s ‘protector’, and that Bray may have some sort of split personality. They kept these going for a long time and he’s only had the one match so far, which was against Finn Balor at Summerslam, so your looking at the better part of 4 months from character debut to first in-ring match, but he’s also done a couple of sneak attacks on appearing legends, again as The Fiend.

These are all of the vignettes upto (but not including this week’s). The first two are the puppet teasers, and the third video is the full run of Firefly Fun House vignettes

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I'm not very familiar with Stardom and just watched The Wresters doc thanks to prompting from Keith In the Dark Side of the Ring thread.

What's the deal with the shoot they refer to?

That's absolutely fucked but still really weirdly worked within the rules of pro wrestling. What was the story behind it and fall out?

I can't imagine how angry the other Wresters must have been after it.

• Paid Members

No one's really sure what the backstory is, as far as I know. 

Act ended up with multiple fractures to her skull, and was never really the same, retiring only a few months later. She was already largely blind in one eye due to illness, and I think it only exacerbated issues around that.

Yoshiko vacated her title and left the company after a press conference apology, claimed to be retiring, but resurfaced in another promotion less than a year later.

Things appear to have been tidied up, but there does seem to be the sense of STARDOM as a real lawless shithole. I know of female wrestlers who refuse to work certain shows, or certain dates, because they don't even want to be around key people from that company because of how they were treated when working there, and there used to be stories of the "home" talent not catching foreign workers on dives, and basically working more recklessly with them on purpose.

• Paid Members

From the doc alone that place makes me really uncomfortable. It's wholey unacceptable to do that shit in wrestling in this day and age. They should have thrown the match out asap as a dq if they really care that much about how it's seen to the creepy fans.

Then there's weird dudes that clearly need to be on a list giving gifts to kids. It's mental. The Mum basically approving of it and being chuffed by work rate perverts on twitter is really worrying.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the UK ROH Honor United 2019 Tour:-

I can see that there has been a meet and greet advertised for these shows but when trying to purchase tickets theres no meet and greet option.

Does anyone know whats going on?

Do you just turn up at doors opening and pay for photos there and then?

• Paid Members

A somewhat interesting query;

This is "WWF Rampage 1997" on VHS - but the show itself is just Bad Blood '97. I'm aware of Canadian Stampede being released on video as "Maximum Impact".

Is anyone aware of any other examples of shows renamed between PPV and home video release, and why that was done?

• Paid Members

A few of the In Your House series were. I don't know why but I recall seeing it on the colliseum video section of history of WWE years ago:

Winter Combat 1996 (aka In Your House #4 & #5) (WF157)

Spring Explosion (aka In Your House #6) (WF160)

Wrestlefest 1996 (aka Beware of Dog) (WF162)

Tour de Force 1996 (aka International Incident) (WF164)

Slamathon 1996 (aka Buried Alive) (WF166)

Wrestlefest 1997 (aka Taker's Revenge) (WF172)

Maximum Impact (aka Canadian Stampede) (WF174)

Rampage 1997 (aka Badd Blood) (WF176)

Terminators 1995 (aka IYH #2) (WF502)

Mega Matches 1996 (aka Good Friends, Better Enemies) (WF504)

Edited by tiger_rick