UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

12 hours ago, Supremo said:

Watching Dustin's blade job at Double or Nothing, has there ever been a case where someone has legitimately passed out during a match because they gigged too deep and bled too much?

Eddie Guerrero nearly did after his crazy blade job vs JBL in 2004 - he didn't pass out during the match (I guess adrenaline got him through that one) but he went into shock backstage, apparently.

• Paid Members

Am I imagining this from some weird sex video in the late 90s? During Goldust's feud with Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania 12 (feud is quite underrated, I feel) did Goldust simulate giving a blow-job to Roddy Piper's bagpipes or am I imagining this? You'd think people would kick up shit about that at the time. I can't find anything on Youtube. Thanks.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Am I imagining this from some weird sex video in the late 90s? During Goldust's feud with Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania 12 (feud is quite underrated, I feel) did Goldust simulate giving a blow-job to Roddy Piper's bagpipes or am I imagining this? You'd think people would kick up shit about that at the time. I can't find anything on Youtube. Thanks.

This happened, unbelievably. Skip to 3:35;

• Paid Members

This has been rattling around in my brain for a couple of weeks, ‘cos a lot of the US sports podcasts I listen to have been covering the College World Series in baseball, which is a double-elimination tournament. That is to say, you have to lose twice to be eliminated. Then on NXT this weeks Regal deliberately announced the Breakout Tournament as a single-elimination tournament, as is often done when tournaments are talked about in wrestling. So...

Has there ever been a notable double-elimination tournament in pro wrestling? I can’t think of one but there are ample opportunities for storytelling there.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Statto said:

Has there ever been a notable double-elimination tournament in pro wrestling? I can’t think of one but there are ample opportunities for storytelling there.

There was a one-night, double elimination four-way match to crown the first TNA X-Division champion back in 2002 (AJ Styles vs Jerry Lynn vs Low Ki vs  Psicosis), where you had to be twinned twice to be eliminated.

It sounds confusing but it worked really well, as it started out as a singles-match, then when you were pinned you had to leave the ring and the next guy entered. It carried on and went in a circle until it came down to a winner. Really worth re-watching.

• Paid Members

I could see a double elimination tournament being a tricky prospect to do outside of a one night situation with all the brackets to keep track of. 

• Awards Moderator

The chatter in the Fight Fest thread about the convenience of a PPV on Saturday evening had me wondering: why are WWE PPVs traditionally on a Sunday? Is it to avoid a possible clash with boxing? 

Taboo Tuesday excepted. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The chatter in the Fight Fest thread about the convenience of a PPV on Saturday evening had me wondering: why are WWE PPVs traditionally on a Sunday? Is it to avoid a possible clash with boxing? 

Taboo Tuesday excepted. 

They didn't settle on Sunday for years. Right into the mid 90s they were generally Monday and sometimes, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.