UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
On 5/9/2019 at 7:20 PM, The Dart said:

All the others shown on a 50 minute delay with ad breaks inserted but nothing cut out, although the froze the picture a couple of times to not show excessive violence.

X-Pac's bloody head was pixellated at Backlash '00 after Road Dogg clocked him with the ring bell. That's the same event they froze the picture despite it being on in the middle of the night. Were the subsequent C4 PPVs edited? Genuinely can't remember.

Looking at that list above, it's mental we got a PPV like Invasion for free.

I don't remember Jericho/ Triple H or The 6 man Hell in a Cell being edited and they were both pretty bloody on the two PPV's C4 showed following backlash . The 2001 events on Channel 4 were much less bloody/ violent as well but that was probably just booking than a conscious decision.

• Paid Members

Going off memory here, so happy to be corrected, but this is how I remember it:

C4 weren't expecting 2000-era WWE to be so 'attitude era', and the combination of barbed wire and nudity meant they seriously edited the next show. However, they were already getting complaints because of cutting off The Rock's promo for an advert break, and then they got more complaints because of the censorship with things like the digitising. I'm pretty sure they edited off a Dean Malenko/Lita segment from a show as well, but I can't remember the details.

I reckon they'd probably decided not to renew the deal after the first two events - it sounds like it was a lot of hassle for them that they weren't expecting.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Chris B said:

I reckon they'd probably decided not to renew the deal after the first two events - it sounds like it was a lot of hassle for them that they weren't expecting.

I'm sure I read in Powerslam at the time that the Ch4 execs decided to sack the whole thing off the moment Mae Young took her top off at the Rumble.

Is there any way of watching Marine 6: Close Quarters in the UK, other than iTunes?

It hasn't had a dvd/blu-ray release, it isn't on Netflix or NOW TV, and it cannot be rented on iTunes.

So paying £13.99 to buy from iTunes is the only method I have found.

8 hours ago, dopper said:

Is there any way of watching Marine 6: Close Quarters in the UK, other than iTunes?

It hasn't had a dvd/blu-ray release, it isn't on Netflix or NOW TV, and it cannot be rented on iTunes.

So paying £13.99 to buy from iTunes is the only method I have found.

You can apparently buy it for £9.99 on Amazon, Google Play, YouTube, Sky Store etc or rent it for £3.49 on Playstation and/or Microsoft store.

• Paid Members

What's the story behind some of those whom attend CZW events using airhorns, usually when a finishing manoeuvre is executed or a high-risk or dangerous spot happens? It's not new, I remember hearing them back in the early 2000's and it's something I haven't seen used elsewhere in another American promotion (I haven't seen any GCW yet), so was it something original or did it come from elsewhere?

• Paid Members
On 5/26/2019 at 4:08 AM, PJ Power said:

What's the story behind some of those whom attend CZW events using airhorns, usually when a finishing manoeuvre is executed or a high-risk or dangerous spot happens?

They’re bellends.

• Awards Moderator

What happened with Scorpio in WWE in the middle of the last decade? I remember hearing they’d re-signed him in 2005/6 but he never seemed to get beyond the Deep South developmental. Was he there as a ‘work with the rookies’ type or were there plans to use him?

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

10 hours ago, Grecian said:

Is Garett Bischoff still wrestling? 

Crap response but Eric Bischoff has mentioned him on his podcast. I think the answer is no he is doing something else which Easy E is happy about. If he is doing anything it's super low key independent stuff on the weekend.