neil

UKFF Questions Thread V2

I'm going to nick that for a thread with full credit. #deathtomegathreads

Im sure saw a Mark Henry doc advertised the other weeks can someone direct me to that please. The Networks is still  a useless piece if shit once you log in, been waiting foreever for a next added section

This has probably been asked before, but thought I'd ask: does anyone actually do the Ram Jam now in real life as a finisher?

I'm listening to The Lapsed Fan's WrestleMania 19 retrospective, and I have a question that they didn't seem to raise (which is unusual for them, as they are normally very thorough) despite covering the topic with Dave Meltzer:

Kurt Angle was so screwed up injury-wise in Spring 2003 he was advised to not to perform at WrestleMania that year, despite the long-term plan being for him to wrestle Brock Lesnar and drop the WWE title to him. 

His physical state was reported to be so bad they booked a last minute title match for the Smackdown taping before 'Mania, in which Angle was supposed to lose the title Lesnar so HE would go into 'Mania as the champion.

As the story goes (as Meltzer told it) Angle managed to persuade Vince that he was fit and determined enough to get through 'Mania, and so the Smackdown match ended in a no contest, and Lesnar went on to the match with Kurt and won the title from him at 'Mania as per the original plan.

My question is, who would Lesnar have faced at 'Mania had the rescheduled Smackdown title match ended with him becoming the champion? Was there someone pencilled in to lose to Lesnar, or would they have rescheduled some of the other top matches, which sounds unthinkable considering the options. Would be great if anyone knew or even had a fun guess :D 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

Given the absence of top heels on SmackDown at the time and how the show had been booked for the previous six months, I think Benoit would have been pulled from the throwaway tag threeway so he and Lesnar could have had the "epic wrestling match" which thrown together would have been halfway up the card with either Austin v Rock (heart) or Hogan v Vince (head) going on last.

Was Stampede shown on Screensport on cable in the late 80s? Only I've seen this Stampede gif and the ring skirt plugs Screensport.

587617_79c3c469f74943d3b8328c2c43cd08b4~

From a reply on

http://www.britishwrestling.co.uk/forums/topic/screensport/

Screensport showed a lot of wrestling during its time. Mainly at 11pm each night. Regular promotions were NWA (Mon/Thurs) and AWA (Weds/Fri).

They also showed Stampede, World Class (WCCW), South West Championship Wrestling, Satellite (Sp?) Wrestling which was British stuff, Global (Texas) and the odd other promotion including Jackie Pallo’s WAR (Sp?).

Lifestyle used to show wrestling too. At times they featured Glow, PoWW, Global (Florida), and Pro Wrestling This week on Saturdays and Sundays at 12pm.

What does Ronda Rousey give to one of the fans on her entrance? Whatever it is, she needs to learn a better, more natural way of handing it to the fan as she looks like a really shot drug dealer trying to "palm" a bag of pills...

He was apparently fired for letting Alicia Fox wrestle drunk, Fox has also been offered to go to rehab.

Apparently Anderson and Vince has had a few disagreements over the years and this was the last straw.

Incredibly niche question, but for years now there's been an advert for a fanzine called "BRITISH WRESTLERS" in Viz and Fortean Times' ad pages, with the only way to find out anything about it being to send them an SAE.

Anyone know what the deal with it is?

Is there any footage or are there any photos of Sid in New Japan as Vicious Warrior?

Edited by gmoney