UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

After watching this year women's Rumble, my youngest daughter(who is 6)is now massively into WWE. She is obsessed with the likes of Becky Lynch, Baily, Sasha Bankes and Carmella. I'm obviously over the moon she has finally gotten into one of my life long loves, but I'm getting fed up of watching the same matches over and over. 

My questions is, can you please recommend me some good or notable women's matches from the past few years for her to watch. She seems to prefer the gimmick matches like Money in the Bank(seen all the women's MitB matches over and over and over), so anything like that would be good!

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

After watching this year women's Rumble, my youngest daughter(who is 6)is now massively into WWE. She is obsessed with the likes of Becky Lynch, Baily, Sasha Bankes and Carmella. I'm obviously over the moon she has finally gotten into one of my life long loves, but I'm getting fed up of watching the same matches over and over. 

My questions is, can you please recommend me some good or notable women's matches from the past few years for her to watch. She seems to prefer the gimmick matches like Money in the Bank(seen all the women's MitB matches over and over and over), so anything like that would be good!

Bayley-Banks from NXT Takeover Brooklyn in 2015 is great and arguably the kick off for the idea of women genuinely being among the biggest/best matches on big shows. The rematch (30 minute Iron Man) from the following NXT Takeover (Respect) is also excellent, assuming your daughter can understand the stip.

Also, it's a little redundant if you have the network, but the "Then, Now, Forever: The Evolution of WWE's Women's Division" DVD set might be worth a look., particularly if you want something you can just hit play and leave unattended. It's basically a mini-profile of each woman and then one of her matches, with disc 2 being 2014-2017 and disc 3 being 2017 on:

http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/full-match-listing-evolution-of-wwe-womens-division-dvd/154103/

The mention of it in the network thread has reminded me of this. When Shawn Michaels was doing house shows with Ringmaster Steve Austin, was that the advertised main event or had someone dropped out of the shows? Or was the main event something like Bret Hart vs Diesel anyway?

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

The mention of it in the network thread has reminded me of this. When Shawn Michaels was doing house shows with Ringmaster Steve Austin, was that the advertised main event or had someone dropped out of the shows? Or was the main event something like Bret Hart vs Diesel anyway?

Bret was defending against Undertaker on those.

Might be more forum than wrestling related but has UKFF ever done a top 50 or 100 matches vote? I probably voted if they did and have forgotten but always remember watching through the PWT one years ago (as well as making some custom DVD covers for it) and fancy another list watch through.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

What the fuck are the lyrics to this song?

[Video]

The closest I can come to is "Everybody's on the ground, Perry Saturn's selling crack" - which it obviously isn't.

Any ideas?

There aren’t any. Intelliigable ones, at least.

From http://www.villagevoice.com/music/selling-music-is-easy-just-partner-with-wwe-and-wrestlemania-6652363:

I was hearing some early metal stuff and was always shocked how bad the vocals were, and that the lyrics were absolutely unintelligible. The theme I had written was in this style, and I couldn’t find a singer, so I did it myself. There are no lyrics, I just sang gibberish. I had fans contact me for a lyric sheet which, of course, I could not provide.

• 3 weeks later...