UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, WrasslinEdge said:

Guessing this will probably be a long shot but does anyone have the rankings for the ukff50 2009 or know where can find it online. Cant find this one on here at all.

14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Maybe @Big Benny HG can help.

The 2008 and 2009 results threads weren't moved over into the 'Gold' forum, so were lost when the older years of the forum were wiped.  While I don't have the full write-ups (I don't think - though there is a strong possibility they're in a big Word doc on my laptop), the results in 2009 were as follows:

1 Bubblegum

2 Spud (now Drake Maverick)

3 El Ligero (now Ligero)

4 Martin Stone (now Danny Burch)

5 Zack Sabre Jr

6 Dave Moralez (now Mastiff)

7 Johnny Moss

8 Mark Haskins

9 Joey Hayes

10 Martin Kirby

11 Kris Travis

12 Jonny Storm

13 CJ Banks

14 Joel Redman (now Oliver Grey)

15 Lionheart

16 Johnny Saint

17 Terry Frazier

18 Marty Scurll

19 Darkside

20 Cameron Kraze

21 Mad Man Manson

22 Stixx

23 Gilligan Gordon

24 Jetta

25 Robbie Dynamite

26 RJ Singh

27 Mikey Whiplash

28 James Mason

29 Sam Bailey

30 BT Gunn

31 Derice Coffee (now Ashton Smith)

32 Johnny Kidd

33 Liam Thomson

34 Jon Ryan

35 Sha Samuels

36 Danny Hope

37 Leroy Kincaide

38 Prince Ameen

39 Chris Renfrew

40 Falcon

41 Zebra Kid (now Roy Knight)

42 Sam Slam

43 Kid Fite

44 Dragon Aisu

45 Andy Simmonz

46 Red Lightning

47 Robbie X

48 Scott Renwick

49 Wolfgang

50 Paul Malen

I'm listening to The Lapsed Fan's WrestleMania 19 retrospective, and I have a question that they didn't seem to raise (which is unusual for them, as they are normally very thorough) despite covering the topic with Dave Meltzer:

Kurt Angle was so screwed up injury-wise in Spring 2003 he was advised to not to perform at WrestleMania that year, despite the long-term plan being for him to wrestle Brock Lesnar and drop the WWE title to him. 

His physical state was reported to be so bad they booked a last minute title match for the Smackdown taping before 'Mania, in which Angle was supposed to lose the title Lesnar so HE would go into 'Mania as the champion.

As the story goes (as Meltzer told it) Angle managed to persuade Vince that he was fit and determined enough to get through 'Mania, and so the Smackdown match ended in a no contest, and Lesnar went on to the match with Kurt and won the title from him at 'Mania as per the original plan.

My question is, who would Lesnar have faced at 'Mania had the rescheduled Smackdown title match ended with him becoming the champion? Was there someone pencilled in to lose to Lesnar, or would they have rescheduled some of the other top matches, which sounds unthinkable considering the options. Would be great if anyone knew or even had a fun guess :D 

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

Given the absence of top heels on SmackDown at the time and how the show had been booked for the previous six months, I think Benoit would have been pulled from the throwaway tag threeway so he and Lesnar could have had the "epic wrestling match" which thrown together would have been halfway up the card with either Austin v Rock (heart) or Hogan v Vince (head) going on last.

From a reply on

http://www.britishwrestling.co.uk/forums/topic/screensport/

Screensport showed a lot of wrestling during its time. Mainly at 11pm each night. Regular promotions were NWA (Mon/Thurs) and AWA (Weds/Fri).

They also showed Stampede, World Class (WCCW), South West Championship Wrestling, Satellite (Sp?) Wrestling which was British stuff, Global (Texas) and the odd other promotion including Jackie Pallo’s WAR (Sp?).

Lifestyle used to show wrestling too. At times they featured Glow, PoWW, Global (Florida), and Pro Wrestling This week on Saturdays and Sundays at 12pm.

• Paid Members

What does Ronda Rousey give to one of the fans on her entrance? Whatever it is, she needs to learn a better, more natural way of handing it to the fan as she looks like a really shot drug dealer trying to "palm" a bag of pills...

He was apparently fired for letting Alicia Fox wrestle drunk, Fox has also been offered to go to rehab.

Apparently Anderson and Vince has had a few disagreements over the years and this was the last straw.

• Paid Members

Incredibly niche question, but for years now there's been an advert for a fanzine called "BRITISH WRESTLERS" in Viz and Fortean Times' ad pages, with the only way to find out anything about it being to send them an SAE.

Anyone know what the deal with it is?