UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Can someone elaborate on Luger's switch back to WCW in 1995, specifically his contract? Am watching a Roundtable, where Bischoff says he offered Luger "less than 20%" of what he was making in WWF, hoping that Lex would decline, but instead he accepted the offer. Bischoff then says he never got back to his WWF pay level for his entire run. Hayes made the 20% comment, so the story seems to be pretty valid. Why would Lex take that offer instead of the WWF offer? And surely theres no chance in hell of Lex making crap money during the 97-00 golden age of WCW, right?

Edited by Dai

• Paid Members

Think his big mate Sting was pushing hard for him to come back and that's the only reason Bisch made the offer. While he might of made less in WCW it was likely still more than he was guranteed in the WWF as Vince only offered low base salaries with the opportunity to earn more through PPV and stuff. He was abit down the card by then aswell so Lex probably just wanted to head back over to his mates. I'd be surprised if he wasn't making a decent wedge during his mini run with Hogan in 97. He doesn't seem to have a pot to piss in now though.

Can someone elaborate on Luger's switch back to WCW in 1995, specifically his contract? Am watching a Roundtable, where Bischoff says he offered Luger "less than 20%" of what he was making in WWF, hoping that Lex would decline, but instead he accepted the offer. Bischoff then says he never got back to his WWF pay level for his entire run. Hayes made the 20% comment, so the story seems to be pretty valid. Why would Lex take that offer instead of the WWF offer? And surely theres no chance in hell of Lex making crap money during the 97-00 golden age of WCW, right?

It's an interesting point - Bischoff brought up the low figure offered to amd accepted by Luger upon his return to WCW.

I assumed as time went on and the company exploded Luger made a lot more money.

• Moderators

Bisch says in his book he offered a guaranteed $100,000 P.A. to Luger, which would be increased providing Luger didn't turn out to be a massive arsehole. So I can see that happening, if just for a couple of months.

• Paid Members

I think Bischoff is either talking shite or mixing his dates up. They only offered Luger an initial $1000 per appearance when the negotiations started and he told them where to go. It all came down to the Vader contract becoming null and void and there was a big gap in the budget they could play with. When it got down to reality and negotiations started, Luger ended up on $500,000 when he re-signed in 1995 ($150,000 more than his WWF contract) and it later went up to $750,000 when the nWo took. When his Time Warner deal was ticking over following WCW's sale, he was making $1.25 million. Probably Bischoff trying to make his negotiation process look way better than what it was. He also said Savage didn't cost them much because of the Slim Jim deal, when that wasn't true at all. Savage was around the $750-800,000 region throughout his time in WCW.

While we're on this, Vader was on $750,000 a year in WCW before getting sacked. What an idiot he was, eh? He never saw anywhere near that money again. If he was a bit more chilled out he could have cruised for years in WCW. Or if he was that pissed off, he could have just sat at home like the rest instead of starting a fight and getting sacked (and getting his head kicked in).

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

0uz3.jpgpb0f.jpg

Any ideas where this came from?

Looks like Hogan is the face with that attire and you can see NWO Xpac in the background. Ive gone through all my Raws and SDs and couldnt find it anywhere.

Edited by iamthedoctor

• Paid Members

Wasn't it an interview he did with Canadian t.v in the wake of the Benoit murder-suicide. Also gave the brilliant "I wasn't violent, I mean I put a shotgun under her chin once"

Edited by Maverick

• Moderators

Because he had a bad hip. So instead of taking the brunt of the impact himself, he'd just really lay it in and distribute the weight that way, through his elbow.

He fucked Charles Robinson up with it pretty badly, puncturing his lung.

Did anyone attend the WWF Hulkamania tour in 1993?

I've always been curious as to the performance Hogan put on given he was finishing up with WWF after the tour.