UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Another random one this, but... for some reason, Alfred Hayes' voice forcibly saying "If you don't see it - ask for it!" has just popped into my head whilst sitting at my desk.

I recall that it was a final statement from a trailer/advert for something in the early 90s, but does anyone remember what it was we were supposed to be asking the proprietor for?

Logic suggests it was WWF Magazine, but might have been WWF home videos?

Any link to the advert scores bonus points.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Statto said:

Another random one this, but... for some reason, Alfred Hayes' voice forcibly saying "If you don't see it - ask for it!" has just popped into my head whilst sitting at my desk.

I recall that it was a final statement from a trailer/advert for something in the early 90s, but does anyone remember what it was we were supposed to be asking the proprietor for?

Logic suggests it was WWF Magazine, but might have been WWF home videos?

Any link to the advert scores bonus points.

I remember the full quote was "if you dont see it at your local video store - ask for it!" Like if HMV doesnt have it in, tell them to order it in.

I do remember he said it during a commercial for SummerSlam 92 on VHS, just because the Best of British Bulldog video. It was the commercial where "London Bridge is falling down" was playing behind clips of Randy Savage elbow dropping people.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Coming from a conversation I had earlier today. 

Wrestlemania 33, Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton. 

They "blue screened" maggots, roaches etc onto the ring canvas. We obviously saw it on television, but, could they see that in the arena? 

1 hour ago, eugenespeed said:

Coming from a conversation I had earlier today. 

Wrestlemania 33, Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton. 

They "blue screened" maggots, roaches etc onto the ring canvas. We obviously saw it on television, but, could they see that in the arena? 

We could see it, the reaction In my section was mainly confusion or ambivalence. The match was definitely the worst bit of the show for me. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

We could see it, the reaction In my section was mainly confusion or ambivalence. The match was definitely the worst bit of the show for me. 

Thank you Otto. 

I would love to see an "in arena" pic of the ring during that match. 

Yeah, we could tell live something was being projected onto the mat but did have to look up at the big screens to make out exactly what the images were.

I personally loved the idea of the effects deal a lot, but was more pissed that they went through all that trouble to give Bray an "Undertaker" style production gimmick only to have him lose via RKO-123 like none of it mattered. It made going through that whole production gimmick a giant waste of time. I think the effect would have came off much better if they actually led to Wyatt having the psychological edge and winning.

Anyone know what CM Punk is up to at the moment?

Since the UFC fight 7 months ago, is he still training every day and waiting for his next fight to be announced, or has he knocked it on the head?

All I can find out from Twitter is that he's still a huge ice hockey fan.

Edited by dopper

I think him getting another fight depends on the relevant state athletic commission granting him a license to do so. He was supposed to have a minimum number of amateur fights before his debut (it was either 2 or 5, I forget which) before being granted a pro licence, but Dana must have slipped an envelope of cash under the table to get that first fight to actually happen.

As much as I respect for seeing it through and having the fight, and as much as his presence did help the PPV buyrate to a certain degree, I'd be suprised if he ever competes in the UFC again