UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Just watching last night's Royal Rumble, and it got me thinking...

How exactly do they book the thing? Is it mapped out step by step, or are the entrants given certain spots and told to just work on the fly until it is time to go into them?

How exactly do they book the thing? Is it mapped out step by step, or are the entrants given certain spots and told to just work on the fly until it is time to go into them?

Not 100% sure on the definitive answer on this, although Matt Morgan recently said in an interview that in the rumble he was in, (2004?) he was given a brief thing like: " you come in at number 7 and eliminate Hurricane" [for example] and it was left to them to plan out what they would like to do/how to do it. I imagine a lot of guys who are the main entrants are given more instruction than that though.

• Paid Members

Not 100% sure on the definitive answer on this, although Matt Morgan recently said in an interview that in the rumble he was in, (2004?) he was given a brief thing like: " you come in at number 7 and eliminate Hurricane" [for example] and it was left to them to plan out what they would like to do/how to do it. I imagine a lot of guys who are the main entrants are given more instruction than that though.

That makes the most sense out of the two options i suppose...

If it IS the case, then 90% of today's roster needs to learn to work on the fly, as the amount of them just laying around until their next "spot" took the piss!

• Paid Members

Cod eye you should download the episode of Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard on Royal Rumble 97. They go pretty in depth on the process and how much instruction and detail are applied to various aspects. It sounds pretty painstaking to be perfectly honest, and it's a bit of miracle that it foes off most years without a hitch considering the amount of moving parts. It's a good listen, most of the talking about the booking process starts about half way in, with the early part of the episode being about business at the time and the decision to run the Alomodome and the relationship with AAA.

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members

Cod eye you should download the episode of Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard on Royal Rumble 97. They go pretty in depth on the process and how much instruction and detail are applied to various aspects. It sounds pretty painstaking to be perfectly honest, and it's a bit of miracle that it foes off most years without a hitch considering the amount of moving parts. It's a good listen, most of the talking about the booking process starts about half way in, with the early part of the episode being about business at the time and the decision to run the Alomodome and the relationship with AAA.

That sounds like a good listen...Ill give it a try, thanks!

• Paid Members

Wasn't Pat Patterson credited with creating the Rumble? The best Rumbles are those booked by him. HHH is supposed ton have turfed Patterson out of v that role. Which has resulted in the Rumbles under his strewardship being of a lower standard.

Edited by BigJag

Wasn't Pat Patterson credited with creating the Rumble? The best Rumbles are those booked by him. HHH is supposed ton have turfed Patterson out of v that role. Which has resulted in the Rumbles under his strewardship being of a lower standard.

Something about Pat being good with lots of men in a ring.

Edited by The Reverend

Can anyone recommend some decent Elimination Chamber matches? I've barely seen any and want to watch the best ones

Survivor Series 2002 and New Year's Revolution 2005 are my favorites, both are epic in their own right.

New Year's Revolution 2006 is a personal favourite, although it's perhaps one of those matches that was much better watching it at the time.