UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I love ‘Doctor of Thuganomics’ John Cena. His boss entrance music, no fucks-attitude, rap promos (homophobia aside) all entertain me greatly. However, I’ve only seen his match against Taker from Vengeance 2003 and his bit in the Rumble of 2004 (the pop when he comes out is mental) from this time.

Does anyone have any recommendations for memorable matches of this era Cena I should watch?

I’m looking for stuff from before Wrestlemania 21 if possible, cheers!

Cena also had a good mini programme with Brian Kendrick/Spanky in 2003, a couple of really good matches with Eddie in August/September 2003, (one in El Paso with Eddie's official face turn, and one which was a parking lot brawl a few weeks later, a good match with Mysterio on November '03 and a really good match with Benoit in December '03

Also liked his stuff with Angle from No Mercy 2003 and against Angle and Show from No Way Out 2004. Not a big fan of him from his US Title run onwards until he won the belt at WM21, particularly his stuff with Dupree and Booker T.

In Bret's book he says something about Taker being his last opponent in the WWF, what's he on about? Or have I missed something

You might be thinking of him referring to Taker as his last great match in WWF, either SummerSlam or One Night Only.
Certainty Undertaker would have been his last singles programme which went round house-shows etc. The Michaels match was a one-off. Perhaps that's what he meant.

• Paid Members

Back on the subject of Duggan, I thought his lumberjack match for the IC title against Michaels on Raw in 93 was a lot of fun.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Wondering if anyone could help out here, couple of minor things bothering me and I don't own the DVD or the WWE Network. 

I was with a few others watching ECW Hardcore Heaven 95 on DVD last night and whilst I enjoyed it, one of the other people I was with decided not to shut up for the duration of the event. He wasn't even on about the event, or wrestling in general, but mobile phone batteries. I nearly went insane! 

Anyway: 

1) Right at the very beginning Styles pointed out some fan signs that said "Dancing Stevie Fanclub", he said "That's rare, you might also see", then mobile battery boy started off. It's been irking me since last night as to what he said. 

2) Later on in the event, Shane Douglas interfered in the Sandman vs Cactus Jack match. This was during his "leaving for WWF" angle. He decked The Sandman and the referee, to which Todd Gordon made a run in and tried to pick up the ref, he said something about "doing his job", but I missed half of it as mobile battery boy was talking again, any idea what he said? 

I know it's a couple of random questions, but you when something small just bugs you! 

Cheers. 

• Paid Members

205 Live airs after Smackdown so realistically from Wednesday morning it's on demand here in the UK

If you enjoy the current Smackdown Live product then Talking Smack the same night is a good value supplement.

NXT airs for the first time at 8pm Wednesday nights which miiiiight be available at that time here. If not that's a Thursday morning on demand effort.

Those are the new in-ring efforts I keep up with

• Paid Members

Wondering if anyone could help out here, couple of minor things bothering me and I don't own the DVD or the WWE Network. 

I was with a few others watching ECW Hardcore Heaven 95 on DVD last night and whilst I enjoyed it, one of the other people I was with decided not to shut up for the duration of the event. He wasn't even on about the event, or wrestling in general, but mobile phone batteries. I nearly went insane! 

Anyway: 

1) Right at the very beginning Styles pointed out some fan signs that said "Dancing Stevie Fanclub", he said "That's rare, you might also see", then mobile battery boy started off. It's been irking me since last night as to what he said. 

2) Later on in the event, Shane Douglas interfered in the Sandman vs Cactus Jack match. This was during his "leaving for WWF" angle. He decked The Sandman and the referee, to which Todd Gordon made a run in and tried to pick up the ref, he said something about "doing his job", but I missed half of it as mobile battery boy was talking again, any idea what he said? 

I know it's a couple of random questions, but you when something small just bugs you! 

Cheers. 

1) I think it's "They're probably yearning for Dance Fever reruns as well", a reference to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance_Fever

2) He's basically grassing up Douglas and telling the ref to reverse the decision. Douglas then says he'll only stay if Gordon begs him to, at which point Gordon fires him.

• Paid Members

With rumours of other companies providing content with the network and Britwres ( and wrestling in general) not being the most organised people in the world, how will it all work. I'm assuming that none of the wrestlers involved in the shows will ever get any royalties but wouldn't WWE need consent / release forms from everyone involved?