UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

For someone who's become a fan of Kota Ibushi in the CWC, any recommendations for other matches of his I should look out or?

He had a great match against Nakamura at Wrestle Kingdom 9 and an enjoyable triple threat against Finn Balor and Low Ki at Wrestle Kingdom 8 I think it was.

He also had a highly rated 45 minute match against Kenny Omega for DDT a few years back, but I can't recall what the show was called

that triple threat match was great, Low Ki wrestling in the suit was a fantastic touch, shame that ended his tenure there - something to do with the look being based off the Hitman video games and him not having permission from the company to do that.

My memory's fuzzy now but I seem to recall it being mentioned at least twice.

However, Jericho's joke about Owens being the longest reigning Universal Champion (at 7 days) relies on Balor's 24-hour reign also being recognised.

Left hand, meet right hand.

Thinking about it, the "longest reigning" thing doesn't entirely rely on Balor's reign being acknowledged - it's just much funnier if it is.

But yes, quite an unnecessary bit of whitewashing if they're acting like Balor was never champ. That's basically saying he might as well have walked out on the match the minute he got hurt, rather that fighting on and winning. Great message there.