UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

They were talking about Andrade Cien Almas and Lita made a point that Cien means 100 and "that's ten times ten" - at which point Graves turned to the camera and made a face. It loses everything in describing it.

• Paid Members

What was the deal surrounding the time that Crush came in as part of Demolition? Was It something to do with Axe having health/injury issues around then?

• Paid Members

Basically, yes. Ax was percieved to be getting on a bit (Which he was, to a degree) and slowing down, so Crush was brought in. In reality, Ax was sick from something he'd got from dodgy shellfish in Japan, got better, and didn't seem so old and broken down.

I've posted this several times, but I do kind of enjoy the irony that, given the situation described above, a quarter-century on Bill Eadie still works here and there, whilst Adams is long dead.

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members

Thanks for the replies folks. Found myself wstching a bit of SummerSlam 90 there this evening, it was a belting match they had with The Hart Foundation. I think it was the late 90's from I last watched it, the crowd really go fucking apeshit for the finish.

• Paid Members

Before Brock Lesnar's first UFC fight I seem to remember the WWE allowed them to use some footage of him from his time in the company to make a promo video. The UFC then ended up playing that promo on TNA television to promote his fight.

Did I dream this? Or is that recollection correct?

• Paid Members

I just watched some WWE TV between WrestleMania 6 and SummerSlam 1990 last week and it dawned on me that although I've seen the babyface Demos beat Haku and Andre for the belt a dozen times and I've watched the heel Demos lose to the Hart a million times, I never had any idea how they turned heel.

I watched it last week and it was a bit of a disappointment really. Basically Crush turned up and they just started talking a bit of smack about the Harts. By the time they did a angle on the Brother Love show where they attacked the Harts from behind 3 on 2, Demolition were already being booed. Simpler times, eh?