UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Any recommendations as to which Clash Of The Champions is best to kill a lazy Tuesday afternoon/evening?

I might be wrong, but I think COTC 1, with the main event of Flair/Sting, is fantastic...or at least that particular match is.

Clash of The Champions events range from passable to absolutely rotten from what I recall, I can't remember one show being great top to bottom, so I'd just cherry pick a few matches, as Mr E said Flair/Sting, Flair/Steamboat 2 out of 3 falls at clash 5 I think it was, Flair/Funk I Quit match at 9, Douglas/Steamboat vs The Hollywood Blondes at COC 22, The Hollywood Blondes vs Arn/Flair at COC 23.

They were starting the "Whose side is Sting on?" stuff within the next couple of months. So it would have made less sense for him to get beaten up by them if we were supposed to be wondering if he was going to join them so soon afterwards.

• Paid Members

Something about Bash at the Beach 1996 that has bugged me for years... was there any specific reason why Hogan dropped the big leg on Savage rather than Sting, the face of WCW, for all intents and purposes?

I don't know for sure but Sting was Plan B if Hogan had refused to do the turn, which wasn't certain until bell time. I'd imagine they just planned the match out with the same structure (Luger getting injured, Savage getting betrayed, etc) so it would far easier to call an audible if Hogan got cold feet at the last minute.

Besides that Sting wasn't really being pushed as the face of WCW at that point. He was the number three babyface behind Hogan and Savage, which was going to be the reasoning behind his turn. Hogan vs Savage was probably the bigger immediate draw as well.

• Paid Members

Just wondered if anyone subscribes to the Wrestling Observer and has the match ratings for BOLA 2015 Night 3 this could have possible spoilers for some so a direct message might be the best option

Thanks

Just wondered if anyone subscribes to the Wrestling Observer and has the match ratings for BOLA 2015 Night 3 this could have possible spoilers for some so a direct message might be the best option

Thanks

If it matters Meltzer didn't attend this night so if remember rightly the match ratings weren't his, if you still want them let me know.

• Paid Members

Thanks

If it matters Meltzer didn't attend this night so if remember rightly the match ratings weren't his, if you still want them let me know.

Yes Please

It's more a case of I thought Night 1&2 were outstanding but did not think Night 3 lived up to the previous 2 Nights and wanted to see how it matched up