UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

A bit of an odd question here. How did the wrestler "Sting" get his name? Was it his resemblance to 80s Gordon "Sting" Sumner or something else? Cheers!

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

A bit of an odd question here. How did the wrestler "Sting" get his name? Was it his resemblance to 80s Gordon "Sting" Sumner or something else? Cheers!

I'm guessing that Bill Watts wanted the Blade Runners to have punchy names like Hawk and Animal had, and thought "Rock and Sting" sounded great. But that's just a guess. If there's a proper answer, I'm sure someone else on here knows it.

Just finished reading the RAW Files: 1997 and in the review of the first episode of Shotgun Saturday Night, there is a comment during the Flying Nuns vs Godwinns match recap that an elaborate angle was planned to switch the Nuns into the Headbangers, but this was dropped due to pressure from Christian groups.  Does anybody know what this angle would have entailed?  I have never heard about this before.

I saw a really funny promo ages ago from a British thread.

I can't remember who it was and was trying to explain it to friend.

He basically tells a tragic story of how in his first match he accidental kills his opponent and with his last breath he says " fuck ligero" or something like someone help me out as if ive dreamt it then it should defiantly be a thing

I saw a really funny promo ages ago from a British thread.

I can't remember who it was and was trying to explain it to friend.

He basically tells a tragic story of how in his first match he accidental kills his opponent and with his last breath he says " fuck ligero" or something like someone help me out as if ive dreamt it then it should defiantly be a thing

Has to be a Mad Man Manson promo, I think was from one of the PCW shows and should be on PCW's youtube. Edited by patiirc