UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Could Luger have been in the WWF before Royal Rumble '93? I know he had his WBF interview at Mania 8 but was he able to wrestle in '92 or was he on some no compete clause?

He had a no compete clause preventing his wrestling for the WWF for at least some of 1992. That's why he was scheduled to compete in the 1992 WBF Championship, so Vince could still use him for something even if Lex couldn't wrestle for him yet. I'm not entirely sure how long his no compete clause actually was for, since Luger's motorbike accident that summer (of "putting the metal plate in his forearm" fame) likely kept him on the injured list to the point his debut in the WWF was at least partially delayed.

• Paid Members

I subscribed for a few months a year back. I didn't dip into the radio shows, but having old Observers in the archive and the new one every week was nice. Apart from that, it wasn't used much.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Could Luger have been in the WWF before Royal Rumble '93? I know he had his WBF interview at Mania 8 but was he able to wrestle in '92 or was he on some no compete clause?

He had a no compete clause preventing his wrestling for the WWF for at least some of 1992. That's why he was scheduled to compete in the 1992 WBF Championship, so Vince could still use him for something even if Lex couldn't wrestle for him yet. I'm not entirely sure how long his no compete clause actually was for, since Luger's motorbike accident that summer (of "putting the metal plate in his forearm" fame) likely kept him on the injured list to the point his debut in the WWF was at least partially delayed.

Cheers, watched his WWF debut last night, never seen Rumble '93 before, it's probably my least favourite segment with Heenan in ever

I thought that would happen.. didn't they have Regal, Dave Taylor, McIntyre, Birchall, Katie Lea and Layla all on the roster at the same time in 2008 for a bit? Anyone else?

Oh and Finlay too.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I'm going to be in Tokyo next January, sadly a few days after WrestleKingdom, does anyone know the likelihood of there being other promotions running shows in the city and where I could find listings for them? Even just listings from this January just gone to get an idea.

Or also, any advice from anyone who's done a trip to Tokyo? Would be much appreciated.

Cheers all.

• Paid Members

Even just listings from this January just gone to get an idea.

This year Noah ran their big show on 10th at Korakuen, and the first show of The New Navigation on the 12th in Yokohama which really isn't far on the train. Wrestle-1 ran Korakuen on the 11th. There will be indies and Joshi (if you don't mind girl on girl violence) as well. January is (obviously) the biggest month of the year in Puro along with August so there will still be shows in the area for a good few days after Kingdom. For listings, purolove.com is your friend.

Or also, any advice from anyone who's done a trip to Tokyo?

It's a cash society so take as much yen as possible and don't plan on using your debit card at all. Cashpoints are not common. On the subject of cash, DO NOT TIP anyone - taxi drivers, restaurant staff, anyone. They will find this highly offensive.

Use this site for train info, not so much times (they're so regular you never have to wait long for one) but to find out what lines to catch and where to change etc :http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

If you need to rent a mobile while you're there, use these guys : www.mobal.com - their booth is easy to find at Tokyo Narita, pick it up when you get in, drop it off when you depart, and it never seems to cost much. They can give you your number in advance too if you want to give it to contacts before you fly.