UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
I recall someone posting a picture of their ticket about two before the show and they had paid ¥18,000, which is just over £100 at current rates. However, it wasn't clear what section that was in but I assume it was a decent section.

That would have been a VERY good section. You can get a decent ticket for Wrestle Kingdom for Y4K - Y5K, same as a Ryogoku show.

• Paid Members

Can someone explain 'Suplex City' to me?

I obviously know it's to do with Brock Lesnar doing German suplexes.  I saw it come up on the screen during WrestleMania as 'trending worldwide' on Twitter, then the fans were chanting it at Raw the next night, and now there seems to be mentions of it all over the place.

But how did it actually start?

• Moderators

Can someone explain 'Suplex City' to me?

I obviously know it's to do with Brock Lesnar doing German suplexes.  I saw it come up on the screen during WrestleMania as 'trending worldwide' on Twitter, then the fans were chanting it at Raw the next night, and now there seems to be mentions of it all over the place.

But how did it actually start?

Vince McMahon used to say it when he was commentating after common or garden vertical suplexes on occasion, as did Monsoon. Notwithstanding, no pronouns, and Suplex City (and a beauty)..

• Paid Members

Had to be Lord Alfred then. Sean Mooney did what he was told, so he wouldnt have went all "suplay." Wouldnt have been Gorilla, either because Gorilla was so up his own arse he wouldnt start calling it something else after he'd previously called it a "suplex." Gorilla was always right. He didnt even post a retraction when he did an article saying Superstar Graham was dead. He just kept it going. "Rest in Piece Billy #DillKid"

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay