UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

28 minutes ago, waters44 said:

I’ve just sorted my annual WWE Network signup ready for Sunday night - are there any Mania build up shows on the Network that I can watch to get caught up with the recent goings on? If not I’ll wait for the Mania preshow 

Haven’t checked it they’re on the Netty but there’s a ton of good stuff on WWE’s YouTube channel including a smashing st down interview with Seth Rollins. Find it under the ‘WWE NOW’ playlist.

• Paid Members
On 4/4/2019 at 1:37 PM, thicko said:

So what was the crack back in the Superstars / Challenge days with certain wrestlers not having entrance music? I’m thinking Warlord specifically but there were a few. Did Power and Glory not have music? Did the Doctor of Style not want Jive Soul Bro’ being overshadowed? 

“Wrestlers having music” being the status quo as opposed to a privileged few was a gradual development in the WWF after the Rock n Wrestling connection (the Million Dollar Man was on tv for ages and main eventing the Garden with Jake the Snake before they made his excellent music, amazing as that sounds) and by the early 90s you still had some acts they couldn’t be bothered making any for. Barbarian and Haku never had singles themes, the Berzerker neither, and IRS went all the way into 1995 with the company without music (though it suited him not to have it, fucking dullard).

Power and Glory definitely should have followed the tradition of all Slicks boys using Jive Soul Bro. Not sure it would have worked with Warload. The other one that confused me was the Powers of Pain losing their theme when they turned heel because it was decent. Maybe the brass thought they’d be harder to boo coming out to that.

• Paid Members

It seemed to be mostly heels who were left without music whilst the majority had it, but on the face side Jim Duggan went without music longer than most. I wonder if that was a conscious decision to allow his trademark hollers & USA chants to be audible during his entrance?

Asking here rather than clogging up the Wrestlemania 35 thread (as question is in regards to WM 36).

I've managed to persuade my (soon to be) wife in attending WrestleMania next year (she isn't a fan). It helps that it's Florida, as we've been several times in the last few years. Anyway, at what point do the wrestlemania tickets usually go on general sale? I've seen sites like Vividseats selling them already but unsure of the reliability. We'd only be looking for nosebleed seats anyway but don't want to be sold dud.

16 minutes ago, Mikeymike83 said:

Asking here rather than clogging up the Wrestlemania 35 thread (as question is in regards to WM 36).

I've managed to persuade my (soon to be) wife in attending WrestleMania next year (she isn't a fan). It helps that it's Florida, as we've been several times in the last few years. Anyway, at what point do the wrestlemania tickets usually go on general sale? I've seen sites like Vividseats selling them already but unsure of the reliability. We'd only be looking for nosebleed seats anyway but don't want to be sold dud.

Usually around late October is when WWE release info about the travel packages, and tickets themselves usually go on sale in November

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

If Kofi wins tonight, will that mean he will become the first ever black WWE Champion?

Looks like it. Mark Henry and Booker T were World Heavyweight Champions. No black holders of the Universal Championship. 

You can see the New Day's point when more guys called Randy have held the WWE Championship than black guys have. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

He’s Samoan so it wouldn’t matter.

His father is a black gentleman, so without getting into hues and shades, I would wager Rock would tell you that it does matter.