UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

lol, now now, lets not get ahead of ourself. That was a weird time for NJPW (and Japanese wrestling in general, transition period) and they did give Sid work as a special attraction. Big muscular monster type. Rare, since every one of those were locked up with Vince at the time. But he was VERY green and even keeping him in short matches were unable to hide his lack of experience in their style. I'm loving the fact that they gave him a IWGP Title shot in his FIRST match. That's something left field!

Looking at my collection, I think these are all the matches that aired on TV (along with my bastardized ratings):

February 22, 1989 - Tastumi Fujinami -vs- Vicious Warrior (Sid Vicious) - (IWGP Title) [* 1/2]
March 3, 1989 - Tatsumi Fujinami & Riki Chochu -vs- Vicious Warrior & Avalanche (Paul Neu) [* 1/2]
March 7, 1989 - Riki Chochu -vs- Vicious Warrior [*]
March 16, 1989 - Seiji Sakaguchi & Kengo Kimura & Tatsutoshi Goto -vs- Vicious Warrior & Ron Starr & Avalanche [*]

--PUNQ--

• Paid Members

Cheers, Jag. That's brutally over-the-top. I'm trying to dig up more info and reactions to it but I'm not having much luck. I might chalk it up to another one of those crazy Japanese wrestling incidents that don't get much coverage because it used to be seen as standard behavior. Even the camera man is just calmly filming it all go down and the journalists quietly get out of dodge, like it happens all the time

17 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I dont check the Network very often but where can I find that Wrestlemania doc what had the backscenes of Wrestlemania 9 etc sure there was a Rumble version on the Network as well

The True Story of Wrestlemania that is, think it’s in the “Beyond the Ring” section

So what was the crack back in the Superstars / Challenge days with certain wrestlers not having entrance music? I’m thinking Warlord specifically but there were a few. Did Power and Glory not have music? Did the Doctor of Style not want Jive Soul Bro’ being overshadowed? 

• Paid Members

Following on from that question about "The True Story of Wrestlemania", was the 'Mania 9 backstage footage ever released, in a "Making of" type of documentary or anything?

• Paid Members

I’ve just sorted my annual WWE Network signup ready for Sunday night - are there any Mania build up shows on the Network that I can watch to get caught up with the recent goings on? If not I’ll wait for the Mania preshow