UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Did any animals of any kind appear on WWF/E TV again after Jack Tunney banned the big, fuck off King Cobra in 1991? Was that an actual WWF law that was stuck to? I've got a weird feeling Jake was back in 1996 though. Can anybody help? Thanks!

Rene Dupree had Fifi the poodle in 2004/2005ish.

• Paid Members

There was Al Snow’s dog Pepper as well. And the Rottweilers surrounding the ring in the Kennel From Hell match.

Didn’t Torrie Wilson carry around a little lapdog for a time also? Billy something I think his name was. 

What's the value on used figures these days?

My son hasn't played with/used his for about 2 years now and they would be a shame to go to waste.

I'm asking as there's around 40 figures with no rhyme or reason to them. He's got Jakks like Perry Saturn, Taijri and even a Tori. Three different Big Show figures and then your usual Reigns, Cena, etc.

Thanks in advance.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Didn’t Torrie Wilson carry around a little lapdog for a time also? Billy something I think his name was. 

Arrows.

Said dog was actually called Chloe IIRC, and was with Torrie during the heel phase when she was palled up with Candice Michelle (I think?). I remember this because Chloe used to deliver ‘stinkfaces’ as Torrie rubbed the dog’s arse on her opponent’s face.

I also remember Chloe being the cheapest ‘player’ available when wwe.com had a short-lived fantasy game.

From Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_wrestling_in_Australia

There were tours in 85 and 86...so potentially her maths is off.

The next time WWE came to Australia was for the WWE Global Warning Tour in 2002 for what was the first WWE event in Australia in 16 years

Edited by bigfoote
To add quote from Wiki...

On 11/1/2018 at 10:14 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Just watching Global Warning from Australia in 2002, and Stephanie McMahon starts the show with a promo saying it has been “18 years since the wwe has been in the Southern Hemisphere”.

What event in 1984 is she referring to? 

Raw was in South Africa in 1997 so Steph was talking nonsense.

• Paid Members
On 11/1/2018 at 10:14 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Just watching Global Warning from Australia in 2002, and Stephanie McMahon starts the show with a promo saying it has been “18 years since the wwe has been in the Southern Hemisphere”.

What event in 1984 is she referring to? 

On 11/2/2018 at 12:42 AM, bigfoote said:

There were tours in 85 and 86...so potentially her maths is off

23 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Thanks for that - not like the McMahon's to be so careless with history!

3 hours ago, RoryFice said:

Raw was in South Africa in 1997 so Steph was talking nonsense.

Not just Hist. This might be a Geog blind spot for them. "Southern Hemisphere" is just Australia and its bastard stepsister New Zealand, just like Ireland is part of the UK. And "UK" is just another way of saying "England."

Eng, Hist, Geog, Chem, Phys, Bilg, Lat, Fr and Gym.

Watching the Attitude Era Volume 1 Blu-ray and just had a match on Raw with Austin and Mankind against Taker and Rock from December 98, the match has Cole and Lawler on commentary yet JR is visible at ringside alongside Lawler, with Cole nowhere to be seen. Was there a reason for Cole being dubbed in for this release? Is it the same on the Network showing of that Raw episode?

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Watching the Attitude Era Volume 1 Blu-ray and just had a match on Raw with Austin and Mankind against Taker and Rock from December 98, the match has Cole and Lawler on commentary yet JR is visible at ringside alongside Lawler, with Cole nowhere to be seen. Was there a reason for Cole being dubbed in for this release? Is it the same on the Network showing of that Raw episode?

Was this when JR was heel and set up a separate table?