UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, eugenespeed said:

I remember as a kid watching a match between British Bulldog and The Warlord. 

I'm not sure how many times these two faced each other, but what was the match where the main story of it was who could break the other's full nelson? 

• Paid Members

They were a nice trivia note in that they faced off on all five pay-per-views in 1991: locked up in the Rumble, singles at WrestleMania, six-man at SummerSlam, opposing teams at Survivor Series and singles at Tuesday in Texas.

• Paid Members
On 7/10/2018 at 12:34 PM, eugenespeed said:

I remember as a kid watching a match between British Bulldog and The Warlord. 

I'm not sure how many times these two faced each other, but what was the match where the main story of it was who could break the other's full nelson? 

You're thinking of Mania VII where it was full nelson vs powerslam - WWF Magazine actually printed that a stip would be Smith would win the match if he just executed the powerslam, and Warload could only win by getting Bulldog to submit to the full nelson. Which would have been laying it on far too thick and obviously never actually happened for a stip on a card which by 91 standards had enough of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think when 5spike signed the new deal the One Night Only and other PPVs weren't part of it. So its unlikely it'll be on TV unfortunately. On their UK Facebook page they posted this link to buy the PPV replay

https://impac.tw/slamfite

I imagine it'll be up on their GWN eventually too. Fight Network had Slammiversary listed last night but it was the 2017 show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

How far back does the Wrestling Observer Newsletter digital archive currently go back? 

EDIT: No worries, found out. Currently goes back as far as February 1, 1988 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: The first Royal Rumble up against Bunkhouse Stampede. But they randomly only have three issues up for 1988, then it jumps to 1991.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

What are you looking for, @SpursRiot2012 ? I might have some.

Edit: Got 86-92 and part of 85.

Um...all of them, if possible? I'm working on a project.

I do have an Observer subscription so I'm not just after stealing from Dave but those issues for whatever reason just aren't there.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

Does anyone know what year this t shirt (that I've just bought to wear around the house in) is from?

s-l300.jpg

I've seen the original has the WWF logo on the back so it predates May 2002, but I can't find exactly when its from. Does anyone here remember it coming out at the time and can help? Cheers.

• Paid Members

It's a well known story that Vince put on the first Survivor Series in order to run it against Starrcade 87 and threatened PPV companies that if they chose Starrcade they wouldn't get Mania IV. 

My question is, did many companies say "screw you Vince" and run Starrcade? If so, did Vince stay true to his promise and block them from getting Mania? 

• Paid Members

I'm not sure about the second part, but hardly anybody put the finger up at Vince. I'm sure I read in The Observer before that only a company in San Jose/San Francisco and a handful of PPV carriers in the Carolina's carried the JCP show instead of the WWF's alternative. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, eugenespeed said:

My question is, did many companies say "screw you Vince" and run Starrcade? If so, did Vince stay true to his promise and block them from getting Mania? 

Can't find confirmation of who they were but Meltzer writes about it here in terms of "few":

image.thumb.png.215be6e96e5496da1d1530487d02f16b.png