UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
On 3/8/2018 at 3:36 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Why did the Undertaker not wrestle at Survivor Series 97?

He was at the "Gorilla Position" at the show according to Bruce Pritchard and gave Vince McMahon an earful that somebody else would have been sacked for when he came back.

He was involved in Ring of Honor’s show at Doncaster this past weekend, I saw him many times moving between the technical area and backstage.

So it seems he is still involved in wrestling on some level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Looking at the card for the NXT/UK Royal Albert Hall show, it looks like HHH and HBK are only appearing on the first night. Has there been anything to suggest they're on both nights? (I can only really afford one night, and the card for Night 2 looks better otherwise).

I'd say there's no reason for them not to appear on both shows and if a new champion is crowned then it'd make sense for them to appear for that.  You'd assume they'll both be there Tuesday whether they do appear in front of the crowd or not.

So, in my opinion, Monday probably hasn't sold as well as Tuesday, so they've advertised them as appearing Monday to shift some tickets, but they'll probably appear Tuesday too.

Can anyone remember the Dropbox that was shared on here full of Japanese matches from the late 80's through the 90's? Is that thing still up? I was sure I saved it in my bookmarks but can't seem to find it, the news of Vader passing made me want to finally check out his late 90's run which I'm yet to see and was hoping it would be on there

• Paid Members
On 6/21/2018 at 11:01 AM, Kamaras-Tash said:

Can anyone remember the Dropbox that was shared on here full of Japanese matches from the late 80's through the 90's? Is that thing still up? I was sure I saved it in my bookmarks but can't seem to find it, the news of Vader passing made me want to finally check out his late 90's run which I'm yet to see and was hoping it would be on there

An account called ClassicsPuro83 on YooToob has a gigantic chunk of what you're looking for.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:59 PM, JNLister said:

If you mean the RealHero drive, they had to take it down as Google started getting angsty.

Yeah that sounds like the one I was thinking of

On 6/22/2018 at 10:27 PM, air_raid said:

An account called ClassicsPuro83 on YooToob has a gigantic chunk of what you're looking for.

Cheers for that I'll take a look tonight

Going through a little run of Sunday Night Heat on the network, really enjoying it but got me thinking on a couple of things

1) How come it was never picked up prior to channel 4 getting it in the UK? There was no SmackDown! at the time and the WWF was as red hot as it ever was; seems odd SKY or someone else didn't touch it?

2) I realise it was live once a month as a pre-show for the PPV events but where was it taped the rest of the time? I'm guessing - from the stage setup and ring - it was taped in the same venue before/after RAW. However i thought RAW was live at that period of time so how did they manage to keep continuity if they put out a live show combined with a taping before/after it which wouldn't air for a couple of weeks.....maybe not explaining that particularly well but hopefully someone understands!

• Awards Moderator
25 minutes ago, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

I realise it was a pre-show for the PPV events but where was it taped the rest of the time? I'm guessing - from the stage setup and ring - it was taped in the same venue before/after RAW. However i thought RAW was live at that period of time so how did they manage to keep continuity if they put out a live show combined with a taping before/after it which wouldn't air for a couple of weeks.....maybe not explaining that particularly well but hopefully someone understands!

As per wiki, taped before SmackDown. It would air later that week.

• Paid Members

I think WWE at the time actively pursued a terrestrial broadcaster for Heat in the UK. Can't quite remember if this was prior to the Ch4 PPV deal. Possibly before, as it would allow viewers to get upto speed with the goings on before the big shows.

12 hours ago, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

Going through a little run of Sunday Night Heat on the network, really enjoying it but got me thinking on a couple of things

1) How come it was never picked up prior to channel 4 getting it in the UK? There was no SmackDown! at the time and the WWF was as red hot as it ever was; seems odd SKY or someone else didn't touch it?

2) I realise it was live once a month as a pre-show for the PPV events but where was it taped the rest of the time? I'm guessing - from the stage setup and ring - it was taped in the same venue before/after RAW. However i thought RAW was live at that period of time so how did they manage to keep continuity if they put out a live show combined with a taping before/after it which wouldn't air for a couple of weeks.....maybe not explaining that particularly well but hopefully someone understands!

It was a mixture of pre/post Raw and occasionally they'd have seperate tapings just for Heat (they'd also do Shotgun/Super Astros and then load it up with dark matches).  (plus the pre PPV ones)

Once Smackdown started it was always recorded pre Smackdown, until the brand split in 2002 when it became Raw's B show and was recorded before Raw.