neil

UKFF Questions Thread V2

9 hours ago, bigfoote said:

Ripped from auto translated Italian Wikipedia

Also caption contest...11083746_10206471768777123_5794476223545

How did the job interview go, Roman?

They haven’t got time to do it before RAW because that’s when they record Main Event, otherwise you’d be running s 5hr show ever week. Smackdown being 2hrs gives them the space to run in it. Running it before Smackdown and airing it on tape delay (but pretend it’s live) would help it massively as the crowd won’t be sat waiting for a dark match featuring the main stars or just leaving completely

Probably should've been more specific - I know that's why they record on the Tuesday, just not sure why they do it in that slot as you mentioned after Smackdown (even with the dark main event) rather than before? 

12 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Probably should've been more specific - I know that's why they record on the Tuesday, just not sure why they do it in that slot as you mentioned after Smackdown (even with the dark main event) rather than before? 

Because they'd have to rename it 205 Recorded earlier.

25 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Because they'd have to rename it 205 Recorded earlier.

Thanks mate 😉

I’m just curious as to why they aren’t doing the slot pre-Smackdown, still live, as opposed to after like they do now. Unless there’s something else being broadcast on the network for that timeslot?

Nothing that couldn’t be moved. They used to have Smackdown pre-show but stopped doing that about 18 months ago so that slot is just filled with whatever now (tomorrow is Ride Along and Table for 3)

1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Thanks mate 😉

I’m just curious as to why they aren’t doing the slot pre-Smackdown, still live, as opposed to after like they do now. Unless there’s something else being broadcast on the network for that timeslot?

The theory was that you'd have Smackdown live on regular TV and could use that to encourage people to watch 205 Live straight after (and maybe even sign up to the network to do so.) The timeslot was likely chosen in the 15 minute window when Vince is excited about a new idea before getting bored with it.

6 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Thanks mate 😉

Other than the responses also given, there's also the chance that people dont bother turning up for a half arsed cruiser weight show before SmackDown and then a decent dark main event. At least by holding after SD and before the main you keep the bulk of them in their seats. Its not as much of a problem for Main Event when you can edit and dub the show (unless they show it live too?) and nobody watches it anyway.

On 4/5/2018 at 3:49 PM, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Am I going mad? I am writing a wrestling quiz and I am sure in the past I came over a titbit that Bray Wyatt got his name from Stand by Me (If not that another Stephen King inspired film) where the radio announcer says "...and this song goes out to Bray Wyatt and his sister Abigail"

I have tried googling to confirm this and I cannot find anything. Have I completely made this up? I am looking at @Astro Hollywood to answer this after his brilliant dissection of the character on his blog. 

Probably doesn't help or mean anything to you, but i'm sure i remember he went through a few names/gimmicks in a short period of time before settling on the Bray Wyatt gimmick and name, one being under a leatherface style mask as Axel Mulligan, although the eventual character of Wyatt was initially and very briefly Levi Wyatt or similar. 

Hi,

Does anyone know the best place to sell tickets for Raw in London? I have a ticket but can't go anymore, was going to see if I can try and sell it on ebay but I'm not sure if theres a better way! 

On 16/04/2018 at 10:56 PM, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Probably doesn't help or mean anything to you, but i'm sure i remember he went through a few names/gimmicks in a short period of time before settling on the Bray Wyatt gimmick and name, one being under a leatherface style mask as Axel Mulligan, although the eventual character of Wyatt was initially and very briefly Levi Wyatt or similar. 

http://www.moviescriptsandscreenplays.com/johncusack/scripts/standbyme.txt

Full Stand By Me script, if that's of any help. 

And a quick search of that tells me the words "Bray", "Wyatt" and "Abigail" don't appear, so if it is in Stand By Me, it's not in the script. I've never heard the story myself.

The Axel Mulligan gimmick, as far as I can tell, only lasted for a couple of matches and never made TV. I'm not sure when he used the name Levi Wyatt, either - it's acknowledged as one of his prior ring names on Wikipedia and Cagematch, but Cagematch has no matches under that name; though he could easily have done a few vignettes before debuting, I do vaguely remember one of him backed up by Eli Cottonwood before Eli was replaced by Luke Harper.

Somewhere in the mix he did a weird private detective gimmick, too.

1 hour ago, Dzeko10 said:

Hi,

Does anyone know the best place to sell tickets for Raw in London? I have a ticket but can't go anymore, was going to see if I can try and sell it on ebay but I'm not sure if theres a better way! 

Stub Hub.  Easy.  And, as it's sold out, as long as you're not planning to take the piss with what you're selling it for, you should easily sell it.

47 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Stub Hub.  Easy.  And, as it's sold out, as long as you're not planning to take the piss with what you're selling it for, you should easily sell it.

Perfect cheers! I'll see what happens with stubhub.