UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

If he had it on VHS then it's got to be the 85 Great American Bash. We didn't get 86 on VHS over here, did we? Or any until 1990 I don't think. 

I had this version of the tape for the 85 Bash though so I'm guessing it's what you had as well.

image.jpg

Yep definitely Bash 85. The card included Outlaw Ron Bass, Superstar in his Kung Fu gimmick, Road Warriors, Andersons, Dusty v Tully, Flair vs Nikita. Interesting fact that's most likely known but in one of the early Observers it references complaints that a $60 tape only lasted an hour with clipped matches. 

Ric enters the ring via red carpet and comes out of a Helicopter. It's in an open air stadium and he faces Nikita Koloff for the NWA world title. The Nikita training video and build up is classic old school pro wrestling IMO.

There was another highlights tape hosted by Bill Apter, I forgot its name. Don't think it was the Bash 86 and had The Fantastics on the cover. Both that and The GAB tape was reissued as part of the WCW tapes released in the 90s by first Independent. 

Edited by Really Big Shoe

Yep, found the full card now via wiki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_American_Bash#1985

In 86 they used the Bash name as part of a 13 venue tour and as it's been rightly pointed out, on one Ric Flair did face Ricky Morton in a steel cage. Now found the other tapes name it's called Lords of the Ring

s-l225.jpg

Edited by Really Big Shoe
Added VHS cover

On 14/12/2017 at 9:32 PM, wandshogun09 said:

If he had it on VHS then it's got to be the 85 Great American Bash. We didn't get 86 on VHS over here, did we? Or any until 1990 I don't think. 

I had this version of the tape for the 85 Bash though so I'm guessing it's what you had as well.

image.jpg

Thats the baby.

• Paid Members

I thought that was a cracking little match. Owen was good on commentary, like that time at KOTR. Chuckled at him saying "Do you like that, Mom?" after Mankind's running knee to the face and calling the venue a dump. Funny to see Foley being a sick pervo obsessed with women. In Kayfabe obvs.

Never got the point of having someone save the match when it's obviously over. If you're going to have a visible "finish", you might aswell have a finish.