UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

8 hours ago, Bret Hart's Buddy said:

That elimination match sounds fun. 

They went back to all elimination matches in 1994 and lots of them again in 1995. Is that down to Vince's indecisiveness? 

It was 1993 they went back to all survivor series matches bar the smw tag match. Then they kept the mixstrongly on the elimination matches I think until 1998 then it was off and on again until now with 3 max and usually just 1or2

On 11/15/2017 at 8:46 PM, Bret Hart's Buddy said:

I've never heard any reasoning as to why Survivor Series 1992 didn't have any elimination matches (I know they had a sort-of-SS match with the tag teams). It's never come up on any podcasts or in any magazines/books I read. 

The logical reasoning, looking at the roster at the time, is that it simply wasn't deep enough to go all-in with the elimination matches as in previous years. 

I just rememeber as a kid being really confused when the whole format of the show changed. 

Is there a story there?

Dave Meltzer spoke about this recently on the Wrestling Observer radio show. The feedback he got was that Vince believed the concept peaked in 1990, and the buy rate for the next Survivor Series wasn't near what the company expected - especially with a World Title Match thrown in for good measure. So they changed it in 1992. I suppose that's the reasoning behind only having two cage matches at the Hell In A Cell and Elimination Chamber PPV's - Vince isn't wanting to spoil the concept.

• Paid Members
On 27/11/2017 at 12:28 AM, UsernameUnderConstruction said:

I suppose that's the reasoning behind only having two cage matches at the Hell In A Cell and Elimination Chamber PPV's - Vince isn't wanting to spoil the concept.

Not to beat a dead horse but feuds conveniently intensifying to the point that Hell In A Cell is "justified" to settle them, just because the company has the PPV scheduled, has completely killed the concept for me already.

The last one I gave a shit about was Cena v Orton in 2009, coming after the brutality of the I Quit match the month before. That feud needed finality. But then they had an Iron Man match on the next PPV.... (sigh)

I am hosting a podcast next week on the Divas era , looking at from sunny through to the nxt revolution , with a side bar into what tna had good with the knockouts. Can anyone point me in the direction of good reference material? Wasn’t sure if allowed to start a thread on discussions for a podcast