UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Big Brother contestant from 2006 or 2007 I think.  Not very well liked in the house, but wasn't afraid to talk about how much of a massive wrestling fan he was, and i think it was shown that he'd been to Wrestlemania and such.  IPW then tried to capatalise on that by having him appear at shows and he had some matches (at least 3 that I was in attendance for), and i think one was shown in full on Channel 4 as part of a where are they now on the contestants type of thing.....that might be untrue....definately clips were shown of him training and stuff though.

Not sure what happened after that, but recently, he's become a "journalist" for wrestling.  I think the reason for his bellendatude is that he's been getting credited by a lot of Newz sites as a source on stories that are turning out to be accurate.  Seems to have happened a lot recently.  Don't know if he is actually reporting those stories first, or if he's just stealing them from elsewhere but getting the credit.  Or he's just made some stuff up that's turned out to be true.

It's made him smug anyway I assume.

• Paid Members

I've seen him insist on Twitter that something like 90% of every story he's ever "broken" has turned out to be true, but the only time I ever see him saying something it's utter bollocks like Undertaker wrestling at Summerslam. I'd suspect that the stories that he gets "right" are just reasonably educated guesswork - it's not difficult to extrapolate from WWE's booking and figure out what the long-term plan is, and then report that as if it's insider gossip, with the good old "but plans may change" caveat as your get-out clause.

• Paid Members

I'm trying to find the results/card of a wrestling show I went to back in 2000 or 2001. It was at the Birmingham Alexandra theatre and I believe it was by All-Star but I'm not too sure, hence why I'm finding it difficult to track the info down. Searches on the brilliant CageMatch database have dug up nothing as of yet. I'll list some details of the show below  so if anyone can lend a hand that would be brilliant;

- Featured a fake Kane and a fake LOD member (possibly Legend Of Doom)  I think these two tagged together in the main event. I remember LOD chokeslamming someone through a table after several failed attempts to break it. 

- There was a women's match where a championship changed hands.

- First match was won via moonsault off the top.

- I remember a member of the Nasty Boys and I think Marty Jannety being there, but I'm unsure as to wether these two were the real McCoy.

- The ring announcer got on the mic throughout the night in order to encourage the crowd to chant pro-England/UK stuff. Oh yeah, the main 'theme' was UK vs The World.

That's all I can remember right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Accident Prone

Definately sounds like an All Star show from the sounds of it, and they definately ran that venue.   Finding the results will be almost impossible I'd imagine though.  Sounds more like 2000, or early 2001.

Real Marty Jannetty. but I think was a wrestler called The Nasty Boy around that time.  He looked a bit like Knobbs I think.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Dart said:

Real Marty Jannetty. but I think was a wrestler called The Nasty Boy around that time.  He looked a bit like Knobbs I think.

I'm assuming it's him but a brain Knobbs tribute stayed in the hotel where my mom worked in the restaurant. He signed me a photo. That would have been 2000 ish and just a short joyride away from Birmingham. 

23 minutes ago, Big Benny HG said:

There was a "New York Nasty Boy" who worked for All-Star around that time period. It wasn't Brian Knobbs (I think it might have been Julio Torres, if my memory serves me right).

Julio Torres was around a bit later than this.

Brad Elliott was the guy's name I think.  He looked a bit like Knobbs and may have been announced as "The Nasty Boy" but I wouldn't say he was a tribute.

• Paid Members
On 9/12/2017 at 10:42 AM, Cod Eye said:

This has probably been asked before, but why was Summerslam '92 referred to as "...the Summerslam you thought you'd never see"??? 

Partly the fact it was in UK, but mainly that it had the double babyface-babyface main events that weren't in line with the house show feuds at the time.