UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Awards Moderator
13 hours ago, FUM said:

Seems a bit strange when it was an integral part of Undertakingers gimmick and they have come to terms on other songs with other artists that they probably weren't on as good terms with as Kid Rock.

I'm watching through 2000, does anyone know if they've paid Limp Bizkit for the rights to his other track?

Being on good terms is nothing to do with the music rights. There's like a zillion people involved in this strictly legal and business decision. The label will demand a dollar value for rights, not just live but replay. When Kid Rock last performed on a WWE show (I'm not going to Google it but it's about 8 years ago) the playback rights were for that airing only. Couldn't even show him silent on recap the next day. Metallica asked for (and got) a million dollars so Sandman could use his track once for One Night Stand. Again, no replays. It's just legal bullshit and precedent setting and nothing to do with being on good terms. The artist and the track are worth a certain amount and that shouldn't be undervalued as it's a decent pension. 

Edited by Onyx2

I thought the $1m for Enter Sandman was to lease it for one year when they relaunched ECW proper.

Either way, that will have been Universal Music as Metallica's label making that demand, not Metallica themselves. If it were to happen now, it would be Metallica setting the fee for use as they have since acquired all the rights to their past recordings and release under their own label now (Blackened Recordings). Like you alluded to, all the money in music is in the publishing and licensing 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
On 6/20/2017 at 11:07 AM, SBD said:

Is there an NWA/WCW timeline anywhere so you could go back.and watch the TV and Events in order 

Thanks 

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/wiki/wwe_network_shows_chron_wcw

It's incomplete though as it doesn't list that World Championship Wrestling (the TV show) is on there from late 85 through mid-89.

Edited by JNLister

I have a massive gap in my wrestling watching/knowledge between 2003/2011 and bevause it was mentioned in the Bret Hart thread im watching Summerslam 2010. 

Now, the Nexus interrupt the first match between Ziggler and Kofi, and I've seen bits and bobs randomly over the years. 

Was The Nexus angle/storyline any good? As it seems pretty bad ass and something that should've succeeded.

anyway my question is regarding Nexus: what should I be watching, when did it kick off, angles, matches etc?

cheers 

• Paid Members

June 7th 2010 is the awesome angle that kicked it off. There aren't many more, the Raw before SummerSlam is good though. After they get killed at SummerSlam, it moves more towards Wade Barrett. The stuff where they employ Cena is decent but never goes anywhere.

8 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

June 7th 2010 is the awesome angle that kicked it off. There aren't many more, the Raw before SummerSlam is good though. After they get killed at SummerSlam, it moves more towards Wade Barrett. The stuff where they employ Cena is decent but never goes anywhere.

Thanks Rick. So what, it lasts a couple of months and that's it? Seems a bit of a wasted opportunity 

8 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Thanks Rick. So what, it lasts a couple of months and that's it? Seems a bit of a wasted opportunity 

Survivor Series 2010 should cover the Cena-Barrett angle sufficiently, and then you might be interested in the beginning of CM Punk's short-lived association with the group (the initial angle, followed by his interaction with a cage match involving Barrett), but I don't know which episodes of Raw you'd find those on.

42 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Survivor Series 2010 should cover the Cena-Barrett angle sufficiently, and then you might be interested in the beginning of CM Punk's short-lived association with the group (the initial angle, followed by his interaction with a cage match involving Barrett), but I don't know which episodes of Raw you'd find those on.

Appreciate the input. To be honest, think I've seen the 2011 Rumble where they're with Punk? Might have remembered that wrong