UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

If there are any huge Jim Cornette or SMW fans out there:

In the 1993 SMW fan week shoot interview with the fans he talks about why giving wrestlers with a poor reputation can backfire.  Cornette gives an example of a young wrestler with an unreliable reputation who he brought into his heel Union faction who was as good as gold initially only to no show; turn up late then no show never to be heard of again.

Can anyone remember who this was?

Thanks as always

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

If there are any huge Jim Cornette or SMW fans out there:

In the 1993 SMW fan week shoot interview with the fans he talks about why giving wrestlers with a poor reputation can backfire.  Cornette gives an example of a young wrestler with an unreliable reputation who he brought into his heel Union faction who was as good as gold initially only to no show; turn up late then no show never to be heard of again.

Can anyone remember who this was?

Thanks as always

Never seen any SMW but google says his Union faction consisted of Bruiser Bedlam, Killer Kyle and Chris Walker.

Of the three, I'd imagine it was Walker. I remember Kyle had a good run from the Apter magazines and Cornette's spoken about Bedlam being a murderer before - I'd imagine he'd have just said it if it was him.

• Paid Members

Why was the Jake Roberts vs DiBiase match at Wrestlemania 6 for the "Million Dollar Belt"? Why, kayfabe wise, would he want the belt? Did they actually have a real feud? Seemed like a match thrown together.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

1 hour ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Why was the Jake Roberts vs DiBiase match at Wrestlemania 6 for the "Million Dollar Belt"? Why, kayfabe wise, would he want the belt? Did they actually have a real feud? Seemed like a match thrown together.

Jake wanted to take what was most precious to DiBiase as he'd put Jake out a number of months earlier with career threatening injuries. I believe in reality Jake had to take time off due to some legal issues. 

Think this lays it all out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-oxQx4Izo

But it did lead to this bit of greatness. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEI81DATt5A

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

As for Brian Christopher I think folk may  be confused with the post SMW closure angle that USWA ran that SMW talent was invading.

I just assumed BAzTNM was talking bollocks to be honest. 

• Paid Members

I'm sure it's just a case of them not wanting to have to pay money for it. Even if there are chums, I doubt he'd be letting them use his music for free. As for them not using him any more: thank fuck, 

Seems a bit strange when it was an integral part of Undertakers gimmick and they have come to terms on other songs with other artists that they probably weren't on as good terms with as Kid Rock.

I'm watching through 2000, does anyone know if they've paid Limp Bizkit for the rights to his other track?