UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

1 hour ago, Statto said:

Different kind of platform to the one being discussed, but I fucking LOVED that raised ramp back then. Recreated it with my Hasbro ring using video cassettes.

ECW used one on occasion too, IIRC? And TNA did too, now I think of it.

Yes I did too using a shoe box I think.

Yes ECW did, the famous angle when Taz & Bam Bam went crashing through the platform. 

Yeah didnt ECW use it for most of their 98-99 ppvs? last event I saw it at was anarchy rulez 2000. 

TNA used one for about 6 months ish in the impact zone but it was very thin and generally shrunk the place through the camera.

Don't think wwe have used one since the 80s there's footage on YouTube of a hogan kamala house show match in Toronto using one amd a crappy looking mesh cage

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Heatseeker said:

How many turns has The Big Show had in his career?

From reddit. This is missing some WCW turns I'm sure. 

• Giant debuts in WCW as a heel.
  • By mid-'96 he's suddenly a tweener, or a face. Who the hell knows. One week he was feuding with the Horsemen, the next week he was facing Sting.
  • He was a face against a heel Hogan in their World title match.
  • Giant turns heel and joins the nWo weeks after losing the World title to Hogan. August of '96.
  • Four months later Giant is kicked out of the nWo. Face turn.
  • Giant joins nWo Hollywood, thus turning heel in '98.
  • January '99. The week after the Fingerpoke of Doom. Giant is kicked out of the nWo again.

• February '99, PAUL WIGHT jumps ship and debuts as a heel BY BREAKING THROUGH THE RING FROM UNDERNEATH when he interferes in Austin/McMahon cage match.

• A little after a month later he turns face by knocking out McMahon.

• 4 months later he turns heel by tagging up with Undertaker.

• 2 months & a couple weeks later Big Show turns face when Albert and Big Boss Man do the FATHER IS DEAD storyline.

• 3 months later Big Show turns heel when Rock refuses Big Show's help against the New Age Outlaws, which pisses off Show and causes him to attack Rock.

• 3 months later (Right after WrestleMania 2000) he turns face when he starts these impersonations of wrestlers.

• Big Show turns heel, by choke slamming Shane after Shane was recruiting guys to join WCW. This lead to the Shane/Big Show Last Man Standing Match at Backlash 2001.

• Three months later Big Show turns face when he aligns himself with Billy Gunn to form the Show Gunns tag team.

• Big show turns on Austin to join the nWo. April 2002.

• Big Show returns from injury as a face. 2004.

• Big Show is drafted to the new ECW and turns heel.

• Big Show returns at No Way Out '08 as a face, but it was only short lived before he attacked Rey Mysterio and turned heel.

• Two months later he turns back face during a Great Khali/Big Show feud. (Kinda by default really)

• Five months later he turns heel by saving Vickie from Undertaker.

• Big Show beats Jericho (captain of Team Smackdown) to earn a spot on Team Raw. Face tease. October 2009. *Weeks later Team Smackdown beat Team Raw at Bragging Rights due to Big Show turning on Team Raw.

• April 2010 Big Show punches out Miz and turns face.

• The Big Show was drafted to the Smackdown brand (he turned face and made pals with SmackDown general manager Theodore Long)

• May 21, 2012 Big Show returns as a heel due to receiving John Laurinaitis' ironclad contract after Laurinaitis had previously fired him, and knocks out John Cena

• March 9, 2013 (face turn) Big Show helped Randy Orton and Sheamus against the Shield.

• At WrestleMania 29, Big Show, Sheamus, and Randy Orton lost to the Shield when Orton was pinned after stealing a hot tag from Big Show. After the match, a frustrated Big Show knocked out Orton and Sheamus for repeatedly refusing to tag him in the match.

• August 12, 2013 (face turn) Big Show returns from some time off to help Mark Henry and Rob Van Dam fend off a Shield attack

• October 6, 2013 after crying a lot from doing the McMahons' bidding to faces, he KOs Daniel Bryan in the main event of the Battleground PPV, a few minutes later he also KOs Randy Orton as the show goes off the air

And YouTube 

https://youtu.be/5FGkOYEF7yk

Edited by Tommy!

Orton coming after the attitude era probably wouldn't be anywhere near as many. But I'll have a go...

-He was babyface when he debuted in 2002.

-Turned heel and went with Evolution, 2003 (or late 2002).

-Turned babyface by Evolution turning on him after he won the title, summer 2004.

-Turned heel to challenge Undertaker's streak at WrestleMania 21.

-I think he was a heel from then until he went babyface in the Legacy split in the run up to WrestleMania 26.

-Turned heel by cashing in Money in the Bank on Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam 2013.

-Turned babyface against the Authority in November 2014 and was 'injured' by them.

-Turned pseudo-heel again in 2015 for a bit when he pretended to be back in the Authority for a few weeks.

-Turned babyface a few weeks later by revealing his ruse and battering Rollins.

-Did the same pseudo-heel thing with the Wyatts, but it lasted longer that time.

-Turned babyface/"was babyface whole time" by burning Bray Wyatt's house down and digging up a dead body.

Have I missed any?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Dart said:

Kane must be close, but not as many as Big Show.

Heel from 97 to early 98

Face to help taker before the rumble 

Swerve and heel at the rumble 

Face in early 99

Heel mid 2000

Face early 2001

Thats when I get fuzzy, and I may have missed 99 bollocks too, but there were plenty of switches over dead girlfriends, inner scars, vegetative states and corporate meetings others can fill in I'm sure. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I think you missed a couple in 98/99. He was a babyface around Survivor Series to Rock Bottom time (after Undertaker and Paul Bearer reunited?), then turned heel to join the Corporation around Royal Rumble time? 

Yeah, he was a face when he saved Austin during that horrendous embalming angle and then they stuffed Bearer down a manhole the following week. Then he joined the corporation under duress otherwise he'd go back to the nuthouse. Not sure if he was ever really a heel during that though. More of a tweener.