UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Craig Pittman and Scott Steiner vs Rick Steiner and The Booty Man from Slamboree 1996 features some of the most hilarious bumping and selling you'll ever see in a match.

• Awards Moderator

"TIL" as the cool kids say, that Ric Flair is from Memphis, Tennessee. Now I understand moving a wrestler's gimmick hometown to sound a bit cooler (e.g. Hogan to Venice Beach, Undertaker to Death Valley) but what's the advantage in billing him from Charlotte, North Carolina?

Did JCP run Tennessee? Or was that specifically Memphis Territory?

With JCP running the Carolinas a lot, I imagine it was just to have him as 'hometown' babyface when he was on his way up and just stick with it once he goes heel. Back then unless you were involved in the industry, you'd never know that Flair wasn't from there

I thought that although he was born in Memphis, he was brought up from toddler age by his adopted parents in Minnesota.  I'm sure I've seen matches of his from the 70s or early 80s where he's billed as from Minnesota too.  I've certainly heard announcers talking about him growing up in Minnesota, where his dad was a doctor.  I'm guessing it was when he became Crockett's top guy and moved there permanently that he started being announced as from Charlotte.  I've never known his true birth place acknowledged professionally.

Who owns the USWA footage?

Im currently rewatching 1997 WWF & WCW, upto In Your House:Ground Zero which was in Louisville which was one of USWA's main cities, Brian Christopher is in the Light Heavyweight division and there is the odd reference to USWA. WWF sent guys down there as talent exchange from time to time, Vince was even on the TV in The early 90s and Undertaker was there too as The Master of Pain.

What got me thinking about it was ehen the do the inevitatable Undertaker documentary DVD/Bluray set, if they were to decide they want some footage from there will they just license it from whoever owns it? Or WWE already own it and are just not doing anything with it

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Who owns the USWA footage?

I thought it was Lawler, Cornette and Jarrett. This thread kind of helps and kind of doesn't. Everyone and his dog in the business owns a match each, and has been sold and re-sold all over. Some of it is lost.

Edited by Onyx2

What FWA shows come recommended? Going on a bit of a DVD haul, going to get Frontier Of Honor 03 but don't know what else

At the time I loved the first British Uprising from October 2002 and Season's Beatings from December 2002.

Haven't watched them in many years, so I don't know if they still hold up though.

Uprising includes Fleisch vs Barker in a ladder match main event, Doug Williams vs Jerry Lynn, and AJ Styles (UK debut I believe) vs Jonny Storm.

Season's Beatings had a 4 way tournament involving Styles, Fleisch, Storm, & Lynn.